Thread: Energy drinks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I usually drink 1 a week of so. Typically after a tournament on my drive home... Monster, AMP, or a 5 HR

2. Member
    Have never been a fan of them UNTIL... GNC came out with "Bang". Lots of flavors and not nearly as bad for you.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Nope. Don't like the taste really dont want to pee out a kidney stone.
    I had a fishing buddy that would drink 4 red bulls a day. He always had stones.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    Have never been a fan of them UNTIL... GNC came out with "Bang". Lots of flavors and not nearly as bad for you.
    Have only had the pina colada one and man it tasted good and definitely felt it . And I like the fact there is no sugar and stuff in them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    I've been drinking one a day for about a decade now. Monster Absolute zero mostly. I don't drink coffee and I don't have pop very often. I also don't chug them. It takes me a couple hours to finish my morning Monster. Time will tell if I keel over from it but I feel fine today.
    Same here. Im 33 and have been drinking one every morning for the past 5 years. Except I drink the original one. It takes me about an hour to drink mine as I just sip it. I don't even think it really gives me much energy as I could probably fall back asleep an hour after drinking it. I just drink it cause I like the taste.

I don't drink coffee, but mostly only because it's nasty. Everything I drink with either caffeine or alcohol seems to pass through me within 15 minutes or so. I'm not sure what a combination would do...7.5 minutes, maybe? This stuff dehydrates you like crazy, so if you have cramps afterwards...I told you so!

Quote Originally Posted by mike petro View Post
    Fake! If you think not just try drinking brake fluid and see what happens.
    Exactly. How about a coca cola cleaning battery post or chrome?

I'll grab a white Monster from time to time or the original if I'm feeling froggy

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

Tyrone approved!

In fairness, though, I can't say much... 2 or 3 cups of coffee most mornings.
    Who controls John Gill?

9. Member
    I like the monster tea's...orange is awesome.

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Nope. Don't like the taste really dont want to pee out a kidney stone.
    This. Passed a kidney stone a couple weeks ago and I had got to where I was drinking a monster energy drink everyday. I quit them and feel better plus I’ve got enough money leftover to buy a case of beer for the weekend. I enjoy drinking the beer more

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliehunter91 View Post
    Have only had the pina colada one and man it tasted good and definitely felt it . And I like the fact there is no sugar and stuff in them.
    300 mg's of caffeine, ya you're gonna feel it

12. Member
    I am a 31 year old landscaper. I have been landscaping for 16 years for my father and then I have my own company on the side. Last year during the summer, I was very busy with work (working 60-80 hours a week) and then trying to make family time also. During those hard hour days, I had some club tournaments. At the time, I was relying on energy drinks and coffee to keep me moving. During my tournament, on my home laker, it finally hit me. First thing in the morning it began with a migraine that made my vision blurry. I was having trouble standing. My partner had to take over controlling the boat. I called my wife and she brought me some excedrin migraine. I took them, and shortly after, started puking on my boat. I dealt with this for nearly 2 hours, while trying to fish. Finally, I had to go. Ended up in the ER with a IV in my veins for 4 hours. Long story short, I had a heat stroke and I believe the cause of it, was those energy drinks, leading up to that...

also, another kid in my club over the winter just told me he got a hole in his esophagus during the winter from drinking 2-3 red bulls a day.

now, I just drink coffee and one soda a day...and about 7 waters.

13. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I have a case of low carb Monster in the Garage. They have a crazy taste. I drink 3 maybe 4 cans a week usually late afternoon.I also love my 2 hot cups of Black coffee in the Morning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123