Thread: Energy drinks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And big brother thinks there's an opioid problem in this country...I drink a red bull on tournament day... I don't drink coffee...I drink mainly caffeine free stuff.. All diet stuff....I do drink sweet tea when we eat out... And Dr pepper with Mexican food I don't know why I don't make the rules they're just there...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

As long as moderation is used I never had any side effects. To much of anything will mess you up, there are gonna be good and bad to everything. Too much water will kill ya, to much beer will kill ya.... I'd rather die with a buzz
    Last edited by fishhead399; 05-20-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

3. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Nope. Don't like the taste really dont want to pee out a kidney stone.
    I've pissed out 3-4 asteroids and countless fragments. No fun but keeping the plumbing flushed out with plenty of water keeps them to a minimum.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

The same people warning people about energy drinks probably suck down a pot ir two of coffee and a pitcher of tea a day.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 05-20-2018 at 10:35 PM.

5. Member
    Not a fan. I used to enjoy one from time to time. Cant' recall the last time I bought one... probably been years. It is the people that are swigging one down daily that I would worry about to a degree. The guy that that has one "on occasion" is probably not at a big risk especially if his diet and exercise regiment are pretty good overall.

Can't recall the country but I remember reading a story about a woman that was addicted to soda. Something like a 24 pack a day if I recall correctly. Eventually all the garbage in there plus the 'overdosing' on the soda did her in.

The caffeine does not bother me as much as the amount of sugar in some of these things ,,, and the one i did try tasted horrible

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    The caffeine does not bother me as much as the amount of sugar in some of these things ,,, and the one i did try tasted horrible
    They make sugar/carb free versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They make sugar/carb free versions.
    That's good they make em that way,,, I guess I'm blessed as to be quite energetic and not need these,,, now i will admit i have a cup of dark roast Community Coffee with chicory in it when I get up but thats it ,, through out the day i drink water and if i really feel like going crazy i will drink a glass of Crystal Light Lemonade but not often as most diet stuff has Aspartame in it and i really do try to avoid that,,,, In the evening time we drink un-sweet caffeine free tea or water ,,,,

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Don't think I have heard of all these young kids dropping dead for no reason. There's no difference between most energy drinks and a pot of coffee, followed by a soda or two. And some energy drinks are sugar free, and full of vitamins and minerals.
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    Energy drinks are soda pop and soda pop is poison.

I was playing lacrosse in an adult league, mostly college kids, I was late 30s, this smoking hot girl with a red bull shirt handed me a red bull, I did not know what it was. I asked a college kid was it was, he said Gatorade. I drank it, went and played, after a hard couple sprints, I though I was going to have a heart attack. My heart was racing, neck pounding, I went and sat down and did not go back out. Then looked up what it was, never touched it again.

12. Member
    Man, I see and know some younger people that have 2 or 3 a day, That's crazy, I'm no rocket scientist, It can't be good for you !!

13. Member
    Pass..

14. Member
    Over the last few weeks I've been introduced to what cancer can and will do to a person and a variety of chemicals in our food and drinks that cause cancer. My wife is currently going through treatments in order to eliminate any traces of cancer she may still have.........I have a word of advice in regards to energy drinks or any other type of chemical stimulation, you only have one body (take care of it) !!

My 21 year old cousin was drinking 5-6 of these Monster drinks a day His heart blew up before his sons 2nd birthday. Lots of tests and autopsy work done. The report puts the fault entirely on the drinks......Some people can handle large amounts with no problem some can't. Just like everything else, moderation is the key.....Would he have died without these drinks, only God knows that.

1 sugar free drink a day won’t hurt anything.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I've been drinking one a day for about a decade now. Monster Absolute zero mostly. I don't drink coffee and I don't have pop very often. I also don't chug them. It takes me a couple hours to finish my morning Monster. Time will tell if I keel over from it but I feel fine today.

18. Member
    I was hooked on Rockstar Sugar free Drinks for a better half of 5 years, atleast one every afternoon maybe two. Although I did not see any major things I did always feel the caffenine buzz and crash, and it affected my mood more than anything. I started a medication where the dr said my heart will explode out of my chest if I keep drinking them with the medication, stopped and switched to gatorade and water and it is much better.

19. Member
    I was hooked on Rockstar Sugar free Drinks for a better half of 5 years, atleast one every afternoon maybe two. Although I did not see any major things I did always feel the caffenine buzz and crash, and it affected my mood more than anything. I started a medication where the dr said my heart will explode out of my chest if I keep drinking them with the medication, stopped and switched to gatorade and water and it is much better.

20. Member
    If I believed in coincidences, we had a good one the other day. Oldest Son has been pounding-down energy drinks for a while now. He's a Tree-Guy so the work is hard sometimes brutal. He stopped at a 7-11 last week (probably for another energy drink) next thing he knows he has a guy sitting on his chest. Lost him twice before getting him to the Hospital. Guy that saved his life was NEVER at that 7-11 before and couldn't tell us why he pulled in......yep, COINCIDENCE! No heart damage to speak of but Dr. told him he could either stay with his beautiful family by stopping the energy drinks or leave them....his choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast