Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Lithium ......Oh yes I did

So yesterday was the maiden voyage of the cat re-powered with lithium battery's. All I can say is YES YES YES. From hole shot, performance, steering, fuel usage and last but not least, trolling motor performance. That trolling motor performed like it has never done before. Went from 225lb of batteries to 90lb of batteries. I was 100% all day long on the batteries and never felt a drop in performance. 9 hours and never broke stride. The decision was 3 months in the making, lots of reading and chatting to certain ppl that were running them in the elite series and researching battery chargers. The chargers that I have were good enough to recharge the lithium's but decided to go with a minn kota PC charger in the end. If anyone has thoughts about doing, from me here's a thumbs up for going for it. You will not look back with any regrets.

2. Member
    Which company did you go with on your batteries?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

3. Member
    I definitely agree that Lithium batteries are the future. The benefits pretty much include everything you listed.
    For me, the price is still to high to justify the benefits. When they are near double the cost of lead acids...I will get on the Lithium train!
    Thanks for the info. I always wanted to know the difference in performance by removing the weight from the rear of the boat.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Banned
    Relion, but I did find a company that I might had gone with,that was a bit cheaper and offered an app for monitoring their battery. It was only discovered after the Relion purchase. Here are some tips though.
    1 pick up your battery if at all possible from a distributor.
    2 pay with cash or some kind of check.......cc process charges will be added to the total cost.
    3 buy in bulk. If you can find ppl that are willing to go this route, the more that are in it, the cheaper the batteries will be. We were given a cheaper price on a purchase of 10 or more.

The Lithium game will change in time. There are several batteries coming in the future with different cores.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The Lithium game will change in time. There are several batteries coming in the future with different cores.

Well, I will most likely be dead by then so it will not much matter in my case. In th mean time, I am going with this game.

Lithium batteries...Love them!

8. Member
    Glad you like them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Great to hear.....I'm holding out.....the minute I see, let's say a 30%-ish decrease in price....I'm jumping.

10. Banned
    You can already find them at 850.00 each,100AH batteries. You 30% is based off of what price?

11. Member
    I installed them on my Lynx. Pricey yes. But the performance and weight savings are incredible.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    You can already find them at 850.00 each,100AH batteries. You 30% is based off of what price?
    I guess when I can purchase a cranking battery and 24 volt batteries for 1k, I'll jump on it.
    I believe in time it will get close to that. I have a lot of patience.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I guess when I can purchase a cranking battery and 24 volt batteries for 1k, I'll jump on it.
    I believe in time it will get close to that. I have a lot of patience.
    I don't have a lot of patience, but I do have more patience than $$$. I would be nice to lighten up the P2 by 150 lbs or so.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I don't have a lot of patience, but I do have more patience than $$$. I would be nice to lighten up the P2 by 150 lbs or so.
    My thinking too!
    I would love to see how the holes hot and acceleration would be with Lithiums in my PII also. I bet it would fly!!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    My thinking too!
    I would love to see how the holes hot and acceleration would be with Lithiums in my PII also. I bet it would fly!!
    Mine holeshot got better and I didn't think that was possible. I put in Battleborns and also took out my charger and made it an "offboard" onboard charger. Probably lost 90lbs total. I run a Bob's and a High 5 too a lot of the time. I can get up and over now without dragging anything in a foot and a half of water...that's with full livewells.

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Mine holeshot got better and I didn't think that was possible. I put in Battleborns and also took out my charger and made it an "offboard" onboard charger. Probably lost 90lbs total. I run a Bob's and a High 5 too a lot of the time. I can get up and over now without dragging anything in a foot and a half of water...that's with full livewells.
    Battleborn is an online first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game was released worldwide on May 3, 2016.

17. Member
    Any run always or melt downs with the current lithium’s? We have had a lot of issues with them in the aviation industry. But like nicad all have there limitations. We have even started using hot bags for phones and computers. To reduces the risk of fire.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

18. Banned
    I personally am not aware, have not heard of any issues when it comes to the marine side of things. If there was, I wouldn't have done it. And anyways I have replacement cost insurance so let it burn!!!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Battleborn is an online first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game was released worldwide on May 3, 2016.
    Well they make batteries too...thanks for the info though, pretty helpful

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Any run always or melt downs with the current lithium’s? We have had a lot of issues with them in the aviation industry. But like nicad all have there limitations. We have even started using hot bags for phones and computers. To reduces the risk of fire.
    I bet the insurance companies love hearing this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast