Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fury 4 or Bravo Prop On 518c

I’m curious if either of these props will run good on a 518c w/ 200 Pro XS? I’ve heard a lot about both of these but never on my size boat. Anyone with experience with this?
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

2. Member
    I'm no expert but all I read about the fury, including the manufacturer is that a Fury 4 is designed for larger heavy boats so I doubt its the prop for that size boat. Hope that helps.
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

3. Member
    I have a Bravo 1 FS, 21P on a Z118C and it performed very well on my boat. Granted I have a 150HP, 4 Stroke, but the hull is very similar to a Z518.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

4. Member
    I ran a fury 4 when I had a 518c. Loved it. Holeshot and midrange were crazy, 1 mph slower than a tempest up top, and helped take some of the jar out when the water got rough.

Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    I'm no expert but all I read about the fury, including the manufacturer is that a Fury 4 is designed for larger heavy boats so I doubt its the prop for that size boat. Hope that helps.
    thats kinda what I figured. I appreciate it sir.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I ran a fury 4 when I had a 518c. Loved it. Holeshot and midrange were crazy, 1 mph slower than a tempest up top, and helped take some of the jar out when the water got rough.
    Might be better off sticking with the Tempest. Sounds like there’s not enough gain to make it worth it. Thank you sir.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagreenhead View Post
    Might be better off sticking with the Tempest. Sounds like there’s not enough gain to make it worth it. Thank you sir.
    It all depends on what you are turning now. I love the fury 4 on my 119c. Not near as fast as my fury 3 but much better punch.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    It all depends on what you are turning now. I love the fury 4 on my 119c. Not near as fast as my fury 3 but much better punch.
    When you moved to the Fury 4 - did you go down in Pitch or stay the same?

It would be nice if you could try before you buy
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    Whatever you’re running in the tempest go down one pitch for the fury 4. I’ve had my share of prop testing on my 520 and the fury fout is best of all I get the best of both worlds. That prop as built for bigger heavier boats like my 520 so it’s hard to say what it would do on your 518 but there are guys that have ran them on the 518 and love them
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

11. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    Whatever you’re running in the tempest go down one pitch for the fury 4. I’ve had my share of prop testing on my 520 and the fury fout is best of all I get the best of both worlds. That prop as built for bigger heavier boats like my 520 so it’s hard to say what it would do on your 518 but there are guys that have ran them on the 518 and love them
    24" Fury 4 would work nicely on his ride with the 200................and run nice also. The 518C is a fat and heavy boat in the "boat world"....................no pun intended to the OP.......................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by GhostComanche View Post
    24" Fury 4 would work nicely on his ride with the 200................and run nice also. The 518C is a fat and heavy boat in the "boat world"....................no pun intended to the OP.......................RR
    Thanks for chiming in Roger. I was really hoping you would. I appreciate your input. Hope your doing well.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Might be a stupid question but is there a way to try a prop before buying? Also, what kind of numbers could I expect from a Fury 4?
    Last edited by carolinagreenhead; 05-22-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

14. Member
    I put a Fury 4 on my 06 519 with a 200 HPDI. I am running 4 batteries and two talons so my ass end is heavy! I had a 25 Tempest but the hole shot was awful. The Fury 4 in 24 was just the ticket! The boat jumps on plane and top end is still good. If you lived closer to Kansas I would let you try it.

Might be a stupid question but is there a way to try a prop before buying? Also, what kind of numbers could I expect from a Fury 4?
    I've never done this, but Mercury used to have demo props you could try. The props were painted blue so if you dinged it up the dealer could see and you'd have to buy it. I only know this because I almost bought a blue prop a few years ago and I'm not sure if they still offer it, if it was done via a dealer or with Mercury, etc..

I can't speak to numbers for your boat but the Fury 4 will power load my 519 and my Bravo won't.

16. Member
    67-68 full tank and a partner

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    I've never done this, but Mercury used to have demo props you could try. The props were painted blue so if you dinged it up the dealer could see and you'd have to buy it. I only know this because I almost bought a blue prop a few years ago and I'm not sure if they still offer it, if it was done via a dealer or with Mercury, etc..

I can't speak to numbers for your boat but the Fury 4 will power load my 519 and my Bravo won't.
    They stopped years back on the blue props. I have one i brought from Jaco Marine ( used )and had Mark C work it for me ....still have it .

I appreciate all of the input from everyone. I get 69.5 mph with my 25 Tempest so I might be better off sticking with what I have.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

19. Member
    It would be nice if you could try before you buy
    you can check out Brainerd Props online. You put down deposit and they send you a demo. Send it back and get deposit back. You pay shipping. Not a bad deal to find out if it's what you want.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    Run same pitch in fury 4 as fury 3. My 4 turns more rpm with partner and really heavy load. Same RPM as fury 3 in my normal conditions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast