Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Good news for fans of Craftsman tools.

I was happy to see Sears sell Craftsman tools last year since most Sears stores are going under. Now they are starting to show up in Lowes. It will be much more easy to exchange tools now.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/craft...141800973.html

2. Member
    I'd say that will do Sears in.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    I'd say that will do Sears in.
    I agree. I think it was the only thing left of value and the money they got from the sale was just a band aid.

4. Member
    Went to the mall for the first time in years last weekend specifically to go through Sears. Figured it might be one of the last times I get to walk through. It wasn't as bad as I expected but you could definitely see the end is near. Several areas which should have had merchandise were half empty. Several walls which had shelving / labels were mostly empty. You could see that attention to replacing stock wasn't a priority. They even had what looked like a huge return pile or something on pallets smack in the middle of the store. Not sure what that was all about.

Just had the look of something tired that would be gone soon.

5. Member
    What does Sears have left?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakalong View Post
    What does Sears have left?
    Most of what I saw was clothing. I didn't walk upstairs to the appliance section.. Or that's what I think they have up there.

7. Member
    Doesn't Ace Hardware have Craftsman now?

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Doesn't Ace Hardware have Craftsman now?
    Everytime I go to ace I spend 10 minutes showing them I can get it cheaper and then they price match.. highest priced place around here in just about everything

9. Member
    Isn't Craftsman made in China now anyway?

10. Member
    Saw Craftsman tools n Attwoods a few weeks ago.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    Yup

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Went to the mall for the first time in years last weekend specifically to go through Sears. Figured it might be one of the last times I get to walk through. It wasn't as bad as I expected but you could definitely see the end is near. Several areas which should have had merchandise were half empty. Several walls which had shelving / labels were mostly empty. You could see that attention to replacing stock wasn't a priority. They even had what looked like a huge return pile or something on pallets smack in the middle of the store. Not sure what that was all about.

Just had the look of something tired that would be gone soon.
    it is closing,as well as the store here in e-town mall.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Everytime I go to ace I spend 10 minutes showing them I can get it cheaper and then they price match.. highest priced place around here in just about everything
    That's true for the most part. They run great sales but you pay for everything else. What's different is the customer service. When I walk in my Ace hardware I'm treated like I'm their most valuable customer. Saturday's I bet there are 8+ people working and most of them are very knowledgeable. Walk into the big box stores and try to get someone that knows JackChit, almost impossible. My Ace may be a rarity due to the owners, but they know how to earn my business.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    it is closing,as well as the store here in e-town mall.
    The one in J Mall ???? I could see that happening but not heard that. I know they closed the outlet store up in Jeff awhile ago.

Yep Craftsman is junk big box china crap now just like the rest :(. Been that way for several years... they had a few transition years where Craftsman "Pro" was still made in USA but now they diluted that line even so all of it is made offshore. I've got a couple toolboxes full of the old USA stuff, but any replacements now will be offshore junk.

Here's a good link for finding USA made tools, etc... http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/tools.html

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackfive View Post
    That's true for the most part. They run great sales but you pay for everything else. What's different is the customer service. When I walk in my Ace hardware I'm treated like I'm their most valuable customer. Saturday's I bet there are 8+ people working and most of them are very knowledgeable. Walk into the big box stores and try to get someone that knows JackChit, almost impossible. My Ace may be a rarity due to the owners, but they know how to earn my business.
    I always loved the ACE we had in Louisville. They always had off the wall parts you could not get at lowes etc. Almost a bit like a fastenall mixed with a Lowes.

Sadly all have been closed here.

17. Member
    I’ve been buying Stanley Proto. They are made is U.S. and so far are terrific. You’ll pay for them but I will have them for a long while.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    I’ve been buying Stanley Proto. They are made is U.S. and so far are terrific. You’ll pay for them but I will have them for a long while.
    Most of my stuff is old school craftsman I have picked up at flea markets.. But I did want a good high end set of screw drivers and went with Proto. Good stuff.

19. Member
    Yep. Bring back the USA made tools and I will buy them again. It was a sad day in America when craftsman started getting the boat ride from China.

May as well buy the Kobalt.

Decent quality, easy replacement.

i have boxes of old Craftsman, but Lowe’s is easier than Sears.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast