Thread: Cliff Pace

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cliff Pace

A different bird for sure. I admire his focus and concentration on the water. I’m sure he relaxes,in his own way but it’s not obvious. As a Marshall/Judge in this format I would hate to draw him. He talks down to whoever is in his boat....some would say even rude. He probably doesn’t even know how he comes across since he’s in his zone. We all have our quirks. He had a great tx. Just not as much fun as watching any of the others.

Not everyone has the personality of a Zona, Gman or the others. But He where a million of us would love to be...

3. Member
    He takes his job seriously. I would hire him.

4. Member
    His mic quit working for a bit on live, best thing that couldve happened. Lets just call a spade a spade and quit beating around the bush, hes an ass. We all fish against em and im sure he reminds us all of somebody. Easier to just avoid em. Hes obviously a good fisherman, not taking that away from him at all
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    His mic quit working for a bit on live, best thing that couldve happened. Lets just call a spade a spade and quit beating around the bush, hes an ass. We all fish against em and im sure he reminds us all of somebody. Easier to just avoid em. Hes obviously a good fisherman, not taking that away from him at all
    My impression also.

6. Member
    i met him at the Tulsa classic --we talked about 15 minutes ---was very friendly with me
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Banned
    Just don't click on him on eHarmony. Keep on scrolling.

8. Member
    I didn’t get that impression at all on live. I was expecting the worse.

9. Member
    Had a club member that was his marshal at the classic he said even the camera guy didn't want to ride with him, some have personality some don't can't blame him. Notices yesterday on stage Wheeler went to shake his hand then kind of stopped don't think cliff wanted any of it IMO
    Last edited by Kb444fishing; 05-20-2018 at 07:54 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DvKing View Post
    Just don't click on him on eHarmony. Keep on scrolling.

11. Member
    He is...how shall we say it...very blunt.

12. Member
    I don’t think he has any people skills.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Is he definitely the "Anti Social Type" ?

14. Member
    Be interesting to find out if bassmaster actually has to pay the marshalls for spending a day with him. It’s gotta suck for those guys, drawing that charming son of a gun.

15. Member
    Do the sponsors ever get feedback like this or do they just not care? I guess only people who are very close to the sport would really know these guys and maybe they just don't talk with sponsors.

16. Member
    Who on here commenting actually knows him? I get the “my uncles, brothers, 3rd wife’s, second cousin said he’s a jerk” comments - that’s BBC, but who’s knows or has talked with him?

17. Member
    I met him at the Mississippi River Elite back in 2012. I saw him in the lot before weigh in on day 4 and went to talk to him because he was in 2nd place after day 3. Just wanted to see how he did and all that. There was nobody around him for 200 feet, that’s should have been the first red flag. Not even another angler parked anywhere near him. He was stone faced and literally ignored all of our questions even though he was just sitting there in his boat doing nothing. The only time he perked up was when we told him Faircloth supposedly had a tough day (he was leading) and he replied with a “ oh really? What did you hear he’s got?” And then nothing again. Bottom of his boat was littered with Skoal cans too, I remember that. Next year when he won the Classic and had zero emotion, I was not surprised at all. The guy is a dud.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    I met him at the Mississippi River Elite back in 2012. I saw him in the lot before weigh in on day 4 and went to talk to him because he was in 2nd place after day 3. Just wanted to see how he did and all that. There was nobody around him for 200 feet, that’s should have been the first red flag. Not even another angler parked anywhere near him. He was stone faced and literally ignored all of our questions even though he was just sitting there in his boat doing nothing. The only time he perked up was when we told him Faircloth supposedly had a tough day (he was leading) and he replied with a “ oh really? What did you hear he’s got?” And then nothing again. Bottom of his boat was littered with Skoal cans too, I remember that. Next year when he won the Classic and had zero emotion, I was not surprised at all. The guy is a dud.
    You talk to a man one time and conclude the man is a dud? Just from one small conversation that took place after a long day of a BASS Elite tournament?

You got to be kin to Dr. Phil
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Who on here commenting actually knows him? I get the “my uncles, brothers, 3rd wife’s, second cousin said he’s a jerk” comments - that’s BBC, but who’s knows or has talked with him?
    Don’t know him personally, but I did meet a fine young man of about 12 or 13 last year at the st Lawrence river that attempted to get a bunch of pros autograph over the course of several daays of tourney action at the weigh in site. Can you guess which pro didn’t sign his hat out of the 21 he asked?

I’m not here to judge the dude. If that’s his process to get mentally prepared then cool. Maybe he’s severely introverted and can’t handle the small talk and social interactions. He’s got the right to act how he chooses, and people have the right to formulate opinions of said dude for his actions.

20. Member
    Unfortunate that this appears to be the reputation he has. I've gotten to know him over the past few years and he really is a good guy.

Remember, his nickname is "GAME FACE" Cliff Pace, not "Warm, fuzzy, unicorns, rainbows and everyone gets a Participation Trophy" Cliff Pace

The guy is very motivated and driven and I think that when you are in the public eye it makes for difficult situations.

Regarding "Bottom of his boat was littered with Skoal cans too" --- if that has anything to do with this, then I guess 50% (or more) of the Police Officers, Firefighters, Military and guys I fish with are duds and if that's part of the equation, what would you say about the BASS Elite who on Media Day at the 2018 Classic proceeded to fill a Walmart sack full of empty Mt Dew bottles and Marlboro Light boxes!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast