Question Harris / Eustis Info ???

Any recent info regarding the Harris / Eustis Chain ?

I have not fished it in 4 years.

The only thing I have heard is that they were spraying.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. Member
    Yes they sprayed Harris and Griffin. But fishing is still good. The shad spawns are in full swing. Find grass that they missed and you will find bass. They should start pushing water thru the chain as well with all this rain.
    Brad Krone

3. Banned
    Offshore ledges on griffin

4. Member
    I fished Harris/Eustis this past weekend and did not do too well. I found areas with hydrilla that I've caught fish in before but they did not seem to be there this time. I'm hoping it was just the weather that had them in a funk but if anyone has any input, not spots but more generalized info, it would be much appreciated.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caia326 View Post
    I fished Harris/Eustis this past weekend and did not do too well. I found areas with hydrilla that I've caught fish in before but they did not seem to be there this time. I'm hoping it was just the weather that had them in a funk but if anyone has any input, not spots but more generalized info, it would be much appreciated.

I was fishing Harris over the weekend also. It was spotty fishing. People either caught some or they didn’t. Really wasn’t an in between this weekend. Harris has been showing off lately but not too much this weekend. It was in a funk for sure. The dora canal I seen more then a few caught over 3.5 lbs. the water was really flowing in the canal pretty hard.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBassmaster View Post
    I was fishing Harris over the weekend also. It was spotty fishing. People either caught some or they didn’t. Really wasn’t an in between this weekend. Harris has been showing off lately but not too much this weekend. It was in a funk for sure. The dora canal I seen more then a few caught over 3.5 lbs. the water was really flowing in the canal pretty hard.
    That's kind of what I've gathered from some other folks I've talked too. Weather has been a bit more stable this week so far so hopefully it will pick back up. Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated!

7. Banned
    I heard yesterday that someone in the dora canal on Saturday caught a 9.5 pounder

I had a great weekend on Dora. I probably caught 30 bass between Saturday and Sunday.

Bluegill spawn is on. Find hard bottoms, shell or sand....rocks...and look for bluegill beds. That is what they are on right now. I caught ALL of my fish on a spro crankbait (I know...that is not the norm).

http://www.bbcboards.net/attachment....4&d=1528215008

Caught this 7 lber on Sunday. I fought the wind though....I never hid from it. And it sure was windy.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m going to the Harris Chain June 29-July 3rd and haven’t fished there in many years. How did you do Bollee? I’m guessing the early morning/late afternoon bite is the easiest but there is a lot of water to breakdown! Please keep the reports coming.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well I’m at Lake Harris now, just came in from the morning fishing. I know this weather is going to mess with me by raining all afternoon each day. There weren’t many boats in the lake from what I could see. I caught 7 this morning. 1 on a spinner bait, 3 on a Rypro swingback(bought some after seeing they’re a sponsor here and they make quality stuff!), 2 on a worm and 1 flipping.

I havent been been here in 20 plus years and you can find whatever vegetation you want....just about anywhere. Best fish was just over 6 pounds and she busted me flipping, second largest was a 3.5 on a worm, the rest were dinks. The 2 better fish were very strong and very healthy! Can’t wait to go scouting depending on what the weather does. We are staying til Tuesday morning so I’m leaving fish to look for spots. Feels just wrong to do that!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Oh, and I am loving my new Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv so far. Very user friendly and very useful!

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I had a good time on Harris and LLH this past weekend. Stayed in cabin 15 at Fisherman’s Village and the people were great! It was just plain ridiculously hot after 10am....just plain hot before that! It rained every day around 6, Sat afternoon it was really bad! I did manage to catch some decent fish but it was very hit or miss. The action came in short spurts and it took forever to put any decent pattern together. I really have to learn how to take pictures of fish when I’m alone because I caught one that was a solid 8 and it doesn’t look that big. My 7 lb’er, couple 5-6’s and a decent 4 just don’t hold up in the pics. I will post a few but I really need to host my pics online since I can’t post multiple pics in one post off of my iPad.

Thank you to those on here that PM’d me with info and even GPS #s, I appreciate it greatly!
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I really have to learn how to take pictures of fish when I’m alone because I caught one that was a solid 8 and it doesn’t look that big. My 7 lb’er, couple 5-6’s and a decent 4 just don’t hold up in the pics.
    Nice fish Cass!

When I'm alone and have to take fish pictures...I prop my phone up and put it on "selfie" mode and use the countdown timer. Not sure what phone you have, but any smart phone should be able to download an app to achieve that.

Tight lines man!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks Hez, don’t be so modest, I did catch 3 of those fish because of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Thanks Hez, don’t be so modest, I did catch 3 of those fish because of you!
    "because of me"....lol

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles