Charging Lithium battery question

I recently bought lithium batteries for my boat along with a MK345 PC charger. When the batteries are charged( green lights flashing) should I unplug the charger or leave it plugged in?
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Lithium batteries have custom electronics to control charging. Only the manufacturer knows the answer
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    I recently bought lithium batteries for my boat along with a MK345 PC charger. When the batteries are charged( green lights flashing) should I unplug the charger or leave it plugged in?
    I unplug mine once fully charged.

Me too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Do not keep them fully charged. Do not plug in the charger after fishing unless you are going to use the boat within the next couple of days. If you aren't going to use the boat for a week or more, wait until the day before you go to charge them. Also, make sure your MK charger is on the AGM setting.

6. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    Do not keep them fully charged. Do not plug in the charger after fishing unless you are going to use the boat within the next couple of days. If you aren't going to use the boat for a week or more, wait until the day before you go to charge them.
    While true that expensive lithium cells' lives are reduced whenever stored charged, many boaters simply go fishing on short notice when they have the opportunity or the weather permits, never knowing in advance when that might be.