Motorguide Xi5 Problems

I have a Motorguide Xi5 105lb/36V with pinpoint gps and gateway connected via NMEA 2000 network to a Lowrance Elite 12ti. When I tried to utilize the anchor function the Xi5 would spin clockwise to the point of nearly breaking the wiring if I didn’t stop the anchor function. Had it out earlier in the week and worked perfectly holding me on same brush pile for more than 2 hours but today attempted to anchor 7-8 times at various portions of the lake with same result. Any ideas what to try to fix it? I did reset gps calibration to factory setting (M+1+1+4) with no effect.

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by dm_tamu; 05-20-2018 at 04:05 PM.

2. Member
    I know it's an old post,but having the same problem,askif you solve it and how
    thanks
    Mauro

This happened to me once last year.
    No idea what happened but everytime I hit spot lock it would turn until it shut off..everything else worked fine.
    I brought directions with me to recalibrate on the next trip but it worked fine. Just that one trip was bad.
    That was about 15 trips ago.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    I have a 36V Xi5 that works reasonably well. Anchor mode works great every time, but heading lock has issues. It will set a straight course, but not always in the direction it’s pointed. It will respond to minor steering corrections to starboard, but will not respond to minor corrections to port. A few weeks ago I added the gateway kit and the motor acted like it was possessed - like the motor itself and the MFD were fighting over where it should go. The gateway has been unhooked since then to make the motor usable until I get more time to mess with it.

5. Member
    Mine went goofy second time out last year. Auto pilot would start straight then go hard to starboard. And anchor would drift gradually off the spot. On the water calibration and haven't had an issue since.

6. Member
    I have the 80# xi5. I have had it out three times this season and spent more time figuring out how to correcty use this TM. What this unit TM can do in conjunction with my HDS is amazing. However I am a fisherman not an IT Guy so this unit isn't for me. I am selling my TM with over $1700 into it and replacing it with a cable drive unit. I hope I can get some money back .