Lake Talquin Accommodations

Hey Guys,
    I am planning a 4 day trip to Lake Talquin next month.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the better of two accommodations: Lake Talquin Lodge or Whippoorwill Sportsman's Lodge?

AND:

Any intel on this lake would be greatly appreciated. Any known patterns for mid-June, as well as particular areas of the lake to hit.

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay
    150 HP Mercury Four Stroke

We just stayed at Lake Talquin Lodge.

Great people, average accommodations. Adiquit, but no frills. Bring your on towels, soap and other stuff.

Fish shy should be on the ledges by then. They were in transition when we were there.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Thanks. Texas rigs ... cranks ... what do you think?
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay

4. Member
    I've never personally stayed at whipporwill but have fishing buddies that have and they say it is nice. The whip is a pretty good place to eat which is right there where you would be staying at. For that time of year the ledges are where it's at throwing a Carolina rig and some type of deep diving crank bait. Just be careful running because there is no marked channel and stumps everywhere. I live about 40 minutes from talquin and have fished it quite a bit and the saying I've heard my whole life about running it is "if you can't see it sticking up out of the water don't worry about it". Another thing to look for during the time that you'll be there are shell beds because they can be really good at times.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you don't want to stay on the lake there are two motels on I-10 and 267 about 5 miles from the lake. Holiday inn express and Hampton Inn. The Whip does have good food.

6. Member
    Right across the little lagoon from Whippoorwill is Ingram's Marina. We always stay there, not fancy but decent, clean accomodations and really good people to deal with. The Whip is right close and Country Boy's is a couple of miles up the road.

Mid June should be just right for the ledges.. Running the lake, "don't hit what you see" is good until about half way back into the creeks but above Williams Landing start watching where the locals run and from the Iron Curtain up, idle when in doubt. If you want to ledge fish there is no need going much past Williams but if you go be very careful and watch where the locals run.
    Last edited by Champriders; 05-22-2018 at 08:37 PM.

7. Member
    Like others said, Ingrams or the Whip. The Whip and Country boys for food.

Great feedback. Thanks so much.
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjrich View Post
    Great feedback. Thanks so much.
    Hey Craig,

Feel free to pm me as you get closer to your stay. June is my favorite month to fish Talquin as I love catching them deep. Be happy to show you around and give you a head start on finding some fish