Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Louisville Ky
    Posts
    3,981

    How to make Arbys roast beef

    I absolutely love Arbys roast beef. I love it so much I purchased a commercial food slicer in an attempt to get the extremely thin slices like Arbys.

    Food slicer does as intended but I have yet to get the same flavor. Anyone else tried to replicate. Ive tried several of the recipes online and never had close to a match. Not that any of them turned out bad but Arbys much inject their beef with some sort of magical potion or something.

    Any ideas or experience.

  2.  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #2
    Arby’s use meat glue Absolutely disgusting. That’s how their fake beef looks so perfect. Can’t eat that crap

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    3,326
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Arby’s use meat glue Absolutely disgusting. That’s how their fake beef looks so perfect. Can’t eat that crap
    Yup my buddy worked there when we were in college, he said it comes in a 5 gallon bucket of "meat" powder and they add liquid to it. Never eaten there since, no big loss I never thought it was very good in the first place.

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #4
    Nailed it Kevin. Pink glop in a vat. Was just in Franklin. My daughter and son in law own Hungry Howies pizza and opening the next one in Antioch. He wants a bunch of em

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama-Wilson Lake
    Posts
    9,064
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Nailed it Kevin. Pink glop in a vat. Was just in Franklin. My daughter and son in law own Hungry Howies pizza and opening the next one in Antioch. He wants a bunch of em
    God's Country. Justin Timberlake liked it so well, he moved his whole management company outside of Franklin. That is where Winona, Vince, Nicole Kidman and a bunch of stars have palatial estates.

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #6
    Crazy houses there Bama!

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    3,326
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Nailed it Kevin. Pink glop in a vat. Was just in Franklin. My daughter and son in law own Hungry Howies pizza and opening the next one in Antioch. He wants a bunch of em
    Thats cool. I haven't been there, yet but one of my friends loves Hungry Howies.

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #8
    Go in there Friday or Saturday night and tell em Lyndsey’s dad sent you in for a free large pizza!

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    3,326
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Go in there Friday or Saturday night and tell em Lyndsey’s dad sent you in for a free large pizza!
    Haha I may have to do that.

  11. Member Royjulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    6,473
    #10
    I would try injecting a roast with an au jus type marinade and slow cooking it and slicing it thin. Prolly be better!
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak


  12. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Louisville Ky
    Posts
    3,981
    #11
    I think some of you who think its powder are falling for a myth. I knew a guy who owned a couple and I personally witnessed them unpacking a roast from the cryo packing.

    Now what they are packed in I have no idea as I think its magic lol

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I think some of you who think its powder are falling for a myth. I knew a guy who owned a couple and I personally witnessed them unpacking a roast from the cryo packing.

    Now what they are packed in I have no idea as I think its magic lol
    Thats what’s scary. They can make that stuff look like anything. The “roast “ you saw was the stuff injected into a cryo bag then left to set up
    in the fridge. But eat away. Makes me barf

  14. Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    81
    #13
    its called msg
    2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Lowrance
    Minnkota

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    1,171
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtriton80 View Post
    its called msg
    Transglutaminase

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    624
    #15
    Skillet with some water and a pack of aujus mix and throw in some roast beef is how I make them.

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Louisville Ky
    Posts
    3,981
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Skillet with some water and a pack of aujus mix and throw in some roast beef is how I make them.
    Ive tried that... just never been able to get that magical Arbys flavor lol.

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Benton, KY
    Posts
    3,441
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ive tried that... just never been able to get that magical Arbys flavor lol.
    Arbys was good 25-30 years ago. Now, not so much.

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    2,903
    #18
    Axkiker have you been to the roast beef restaurant near Trinity High School? I here it is really good.

  20. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Louisville Ky
    Posts
    3,981
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    Axkiker have you been to the roast beef restaurant near Trinity High School? I here it is really good.
    No I don't get out that way too often. Is that Which Which or something like that ??? I have heard adds on the radio about it I just cant remember the name.

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Great Bend, Kansas
    Posts
    396
    #20
    Don't forget to smoke it over a tire fire for a few hours.


    tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast