Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    If they are tired of it, find a new job, no one forces them to put up with such shenanigans.
    That’s a BS statement! No man should have a fleet of boats following him around while he fishes.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

2. Member
    Greg Hackney said in Bassmaster Magazine that if he can see a fan they are too close.
    Hi Mike.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    That’s a BS statement! No man should have a fleet of boats following him around while he fishes.
    why not? its part of the sport. either move it to a private venue or learn to adapt to it.

Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    He stepped on someone’s dock to retrieve a stuck bait or fish I believe. You can’t leave the boat, even with only one foot out.
    You can leave the boat to retrieve a lure but not to retrieve a fish. He did it to lift a fish from the other side of a dock. That's what was said during the "Live" broadcast yesterday morning. It apparently happened on Saturday so his 15 min penalty was on Sunday morn.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Greg Hackney said in Bassmaster Magazine that if he can see a fan they are too close.

Hackney is a grumpy bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    why not? its part of the sport. either move it to a private venue or learn to adapt to it.
    Are we that star struck where we follow someone around in a boat all day to watch them fish.
    Got to be about as exciting as watching golf.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    so now youre saying they are not fans. just pretending to be fans to steal a spot. thats a totally different thing than someone who enjoys watching the guys fish. I don't understand how you can enjoy watching them on tv but not live or being a marshal. they are all different parts of the same experience imo
    The ONLY reason grown men chase these guys all over the lake like lovesick teens is to find fishing spots. Period. Frankly, it's pretty pathetic. Find your own fish.

That said, I have no doubt that many of the pros are given information, they aren't just showing up and waxing 20 lb limits like it's nothing...but that's a completely different topic.

Its notable that the Randy Haynes topic about Lambert fishing a spot on the 1st and 3rd day warrants 15+ pages, but no one mentions the guy who followed Mark Rose around marking his spots...then Rose kept finding this idiot fishing those same spots.

Its sad. It's pathetic. Someone spends $75,000+ on a boat loaded with more electronics than a NASA Space Shuttle, yet is so bad at fishing he couldn't catch a starving piranha with a bloody ribeye steak.....and feels justified following people around trying to catch "their" fish.

IIRC you posted the same nonsense after Evers beat Christie in that Classic, you defended the navy of boats chasing Christie all over the lake. Your rationale was that you could "learn" things watching him up close.

Dude was throwing a spinnerbait. It's not rocket science.

And while he had 50+ boats at one time chasing him around narrowly avoiding high speed collisions, Evers was able to win with virtually no fan interference. The people chasing pros around may be well meaning and only want to see where to catch fish, but watch it on tv, the interference definitely impacts the results. Jason Quinn lost a Classic because of chase boats setting down late washing his area with noise and wakes, big enough wakes that someone's dog was thrown off a floating dock.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Hackney is a grumpy bastard.
    Yeah, he was next to Stephen Browning and me on Barnett and was bitching about BASS and the winds during that tournament. He was really pissed.
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    90% of the bbc crowd feels this way about others while fun fishing...
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    The ONLY reason grown men chase these guys all over the lake like lovesick teens is to find fishing spots. Period. Frankly, it's pretty pathetic. Find your own fish.

That said, I have no doubt that many of the pros are given information, they aren't just showing up and waxing 20 lb limits like it's nothing...but that's a completely different topic.

Its notable that the Randy Haynes topic about Lambert fishing a spot on the 1st and 3rd day warrants 15+ pages, but no one mentions the guy who followed Mark Rose around marking his spots...then Rose kept finding this idiot fishing those same spots.

Its sad. It's pathetic. Someone spends $75,000+ on a boat loaded with more electronics than a NASA Space Shuttle, yet is so bad at fishing he couldn't catch a starving piranha with a bloody ribeye steak.....and feels justified following people around trying to catch "their" fish.

IIRC you posted the same nonsense after Evers beat Christie in that Classic, you defended the navy of boats chasing Christie all over the lake. Your rationale was that you could "learn" things watching him up close.

And while he had 50+ boats at one time chasing him around narrowly avoiding high speed collisions, Evers was able to win with virtually no fan interference. The people chasing pros around may be well meaning and only want to see where to catch fish, but watch it on tv, the interference definitely impacts the results. Jason Quinn lost a Classic because of chase boats setting down late washing his area with noise and wakes, big enough wakes that someone's dog was thrown off a floating dock.
    Agree

11. Member
    Is there a story about the Rose deal. I heard part of a comment on live the other day but did not know what he was referencing.

12. Member
    Ok. My bad. You can win a tourney fishing docks. Yea, I need to get out more.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    90% of the bbc crowd feels this way about others while fun fishing...
    You may be on to something
    Hi Mike.

You seem tense. Decaf perhaps.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Are we that star struck where we follow someone around in a boat all day to watch them fish.
    Got to be about as exciting as watching golf.
    so you don't watch live or the bassmaster shows then? same thing

there you go generalizing again. it's simply not true. yes some do, but not the majority. I've followed the flw guys on lanier. I've followed the bass guys on hartwell and I don't even fish hartwell. I even paid to be a marshal in this years classic. why? because I love the sport. being a marshal was an awesome experience, especially during a classic. it's something that every true fan should do at least once. I didn't mark any spots.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 05-22-2018 at 07:15 AM.

16. Member
    I followed many pros during the Classic and I was not there to find spots LOL. Watching these guys figure out a lake in a few days is incredible. Ehler was a machine in the deeper water. Do I have a fishing problem... YES. Love the sport.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123