Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTX only tire for my trucks.

Go to the Ford dealer and see if they have any take offs. The dealer changes tires and wheels when a customer wants different and they cannot sell the old tires as new even if they just went from the truck to the lot.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Our guys run the Michelin LTX on corporate F-150s.
    Other have been tried, returning to Michelin every time.
    I've got Michelin on my SUV as well ... good stuff.

4. Banned
    Another vote for Michelin. I run them on both trucks.

I checked with Tire Rack for tires for my son's SUV, of course he didn't want to spend a lot of money. He went with the Bridgestone Dueler's from the guy I buy all my tires from. Well 32k miles later he tells me the tires are chit, wore out. I look at them, and they are. His wife needed new tires for their Grand Caravan, She went with the Michelins Defenders or Premieres. She told me that van handles like a sports car now.

BTW she bought the Michelins at COSTCO around $625, mounted, balanced, old tires disposed of.

I had 22k miles on the factory Goodyear Wranglers on my pick up and replaced them with Michelins. The Goodyears would spin on a wet ramp, the Michelins don't.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I tried the Michelin LTX tires on my 2011 Ram and didn't like the handling of them;
    I didn't like them much either.

Check with tirebuyer.com. They are a national tire distributor and often deliver free to your local tire installers. The Kumho AT51's are $360 a set cheaper than LTX's. We have used these on two trucks and have been very happy in rain, snow, light mud and highway.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    i put a set of these on my truck last December and i am loving them. 60K tires
    http://us.coopertire.com/tires/evolution-ht.aspx
    i commute 80 miles a day so like you i wanted a little less aggressive tread.
    They ride great, the wet traction is great, they look great and they are quiet.
    $580 out the door for 275 65 18's. i have an awesome tire guy

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    I tried the Michelin LTX tires on my 2011 Ram and didn't like the handling of them; took them back and replaced with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas and the difference was night and day. Have ran them on my 2013 Ram as well and considering possibly ordering a 2019 Ram and if so, I'll be putting Bridgestones on it as well.
    i'm curious about the "took them back" part.. did they just refund you because you didn't like em and then sell you a new set of stones?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Member
    falken at3w are the best wet road all terrain tire ive ever tried
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by E. Bishop View Post
    Michelin LTX Defenders. Period. Shop around a little. Sams has some of the best prices around here.
    My son just put them on wifes Pilot after having another brand and they say its like another car now , love them .

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    i'm curious about the "took them back" part.. did they just refund you because you didn't like em and then sell you a new set of stones?
    Yessir, I've bought wheels and tires from them for years and they refunded me and sold me the Bridgestones. I've bought a lot of tires over the years and just didn't like how they handled. When I get some time I'm going to take the Goodyear RSA's off my Charger Daytona and replace them with BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S tires.

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Yessir, I've bought wheels and tires from them for years and they refunded me and sold me the Bridgestones. I've bought a lot of tires over the years and just didn't like how they handled. When I get some time I'm going to take the Goodyear RSA's off my Charger Daytona and replace them with BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S tires.
    Thats a good tire guy right there. that had to cost him at least a little bit

13. Member
    Cooper and never look back. Great line of truck tires.

Michelin Defender LTX.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Hankook Dynapro ATs or ATMs. Got 65K out of them and zero complaints. Would have gone 5K more if I wanted to push it, but had a long trip coming up.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    falken at3w are the best wet road all terrain tire ive ever tried
    Josh is speaking truth here. I've had Michelin LTX on my f250. Loved the drive/feel and wet weather handling, but when time came to replace them I really wanted something with a better foul weather/ off road ability. Both Nitto and Cooper were upgrades in the dept, but weren't able to keep my truck from breaking traction in the rain. My local tire guy suggested the Falken WildPeak and I've never been happier. EXCELLENT wet traction, quiet, great in snow, attractive, handle well, and are still half the price of the Michelin. Seriously, I'm a fan. Check them out
    http://www.falkentire.com/tires/ligh...dpeak/t3w-tire
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

17. Member
    Yokohama g056

18. Member
    I'm a tightwad. I had been buying Michelins but I never got good treadwear out of them, so I can't afford to change them out every 35-40,000 miles. I bought some Nexens from Amazon, because of the treadwear and traction rating of 560 A B. So far so good, total of $500 for for four, 265/60 R18 110T. Since my truck's governed at 99 MPH, I doubt I'll need a higher speed rating. Aggressive but quiet tread, actually pretty good looking, I'd do it again.

20" Michelin Defenders on my f150 and absolutely love them, very quiet and comfortable ride and excellent traction on wet roads.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstory54 View Post
    Yokohama g056
    Or go15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast