Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks, found a few on eBay going to pick up one.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I'm going to purchase the Ficht diagnostic software and communications cable today from eBay and since we have the same '03 225 motor, let me know if you need to compare any values, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    I'm going to purchase the Ficht diagnostic software and communications cable today from eBay and since we have the same '03 225 motor, let me know if you need to compare any values, etc...
    Thanks, will do.
    Eddie

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KutTail71 View Post
    Thanks, will do.
    HEY I would like to swap info with you guys like injector coefficients and such also , doing a rebuild and trying to figure out how to richen injectors a bit. and do a plug watch for changes .
    Cj
    Last edited by veryspeedy; 05-23-2018 at 05:37 PM.

5. Member
    Sure thing but not sure how our coefficients would aid you. I understand, or perhaps misunderstand, that their purpose is to compensate for manufacturing/assembly inconsistencies - basically, a software solution for a hardware issue necessary to put them in spec. They are independently bound to their respective injectors. Unfortunately for us, this engineering prevents injector and/or EMM plug and play. For older Fichts, you need to download the coefficients for safety; otherwise, you are at extreme risk of a very expensive resolution. On ours, I understand the coefficients are actually labeled/tagged on each injector.

Bear in mind, I’m learning this as I go...

If you're injectors have the QR bar code you can use a QR scanner app and it gets the coeff numbers. Only thing you'll see on the label is the part number and serial number for each one.
    Eddie

Have a service manual on the way. Picked it up on eBay.
    Eddie

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KutTail71 View Post
    If you're injectors have the QR bar code you can use a QR scanner app and it gets the coeff numbers. Only thing you'll see on the label is the part number and serial number for each one.
    I have tried scanning my labels.
    mine are from 2000 they don't seam to scan .
    I am just trying to figure out what the numbers mean in the coefficients like the last digit is 39 or 43 is 43 richer? if so then i could set up injectors by erorring onthe rich side.
    This is how HOTRodding has been done for decades before fuel injection.Will i blow it up maybe but what else can I do?
    If i have different coefficient numbers to plug in I can test those and see what the spray pattern or fresh plug looks like.
    Similar to how a drag racer reads his spark plugs.
    Also I have spoken to some people down in the keys that say the people in south america have been doing injector swaps for years no software on fleet service fichts.

This is what I have for mine. Starting from A-D
    Eddie

10. Member
    thanks for posting those.

11. Member
    I’ll fetch my coefficients tomorrow. Read some interesting research on remapping Ficht EMM and injectors to increase horsepower by editing raw configuration files escaping any checksums. For me, I just want mine to behave and reliably perform. Of course, hot tuning the 225 to behave as a 250 is interesting but would exceed my hull max HP rating and prevent me from fishing some competitive tournaments. As a software engineer, I must admit that I am intrigued by this capability though...

12. Member
    Neverest would you mine speeking to me on the phone ? If so i will pm you my phone number.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    I’ll fetch my coefficients tomorrow. Read some interesting research on remapping Ficht EMM and injectors to increase horsepower by editing raw configuration files escaping any checksums. For me, I just want mine to behave and reliably perform. Of course, hot tuning the 225 to behave as a 250 is interesting but would exceed my hull max HP rating and prevent me from fishing some competitive tournaments. As a software engineer, I must admit that I am intrigued by this capability though...

if you changed software only, how would any dnr or Td know your motor is over 225 hp? most ho motors are 10% overstated hp anyway?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veryspeedy View Post
    HEY I would like to swap info with you guys like injector coefficients and such also , doing a rebuild and trying to figure out how to richen injectors a bit. and do a plug watch for changes .
    Cj
    You can't richen the injectors with your level of diags, and keep the changes. You'll have to do them everytime you start the engine. Only folks that can do that are the TSR's. they have a different release of diags.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    if you changed software only, how would any dnr or Td know your motor is over 225 hp? most ho motors are 10% overstated hp anyway?
    They wouldn’t but I would. Based on my cursory Internet research, I understand that the 225 HO motor is actually understated where the 225 actually puts out about 247 (10%) HP but don’t hold me to it as it is based on a couple of obscure comments...

16. Member
    Neverest would you mine speeking to me on the phone ? If so i will pm you my phone number.
    Sure. PM me your contact info...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You can't richen the injectors with your level of diags, and keep the changes. You'll have to do them everytime you start the engine. Only folks that can do that are the TSR's. they have a different release of diags.
    I suspect there may be a hack available to accomplish what “veryspeedy” desires, but in all candor, this is probably not the appropriate forum for this theoretical discussion...

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes this is simply theoretical. One finger check and you will have a brick. If you look at the HO labeling all it says it is Factory Tuned for High Performance. There is a different MAP for both motors.

Would anybody happen to know if using CLR or Limeaway would hurt the EMM? To help clean it out time to time. Just flushed out a little bit of junk from mine.
    Eddie

20. Member
    Cj
    Here are the injector coefficients on my '03 Ficht 225 HO...

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast