Thread: draft?

draft?

anyone know the how skinny you can get in any of the flowing boats? thanks.
    new pantera classic
    caracel
    lynx

The Caracal will most likely draft the most, though we’ve not done any in depth research on the numbers. It will vary on fishing and idling, as well as varying loads of fuel, persons and gear.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've had my Caracal in 18" of water with no problems. Not sure how shallow I could go beyond that. I have a belly tank and one 26 gallon tank in the rear. Both tanks were nearly full at that time.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    BCB - I see what you did there.
    Water draft...no "in depth" research
    Clever

Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post
    BCB - I see what you did there.
    Water draft...no "in depth" research
    Clever
    Haha I missed that, I must have been to disappointed in them not knowing.

I understand you can not cover all variables but fill the fuel tanks, a full hp motor fill the livewell and a person or two, have the people stand where it drafts the least, and tell us a number, and what the load is- 450 pounds of human, 50 gallons, 250 merc, full livewells we can figure the rest
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

We just never test that as for bass anglers it’s not that major, BCB models are more Vee at the bow and flatten at the rear, they also have a wider bottom side and don’t wedge on th e sides of the hull. The hulls are generally straighter sides than competitive brands. Which generally gives them less draft than many competitive Boats.

Draft is very important to me and definitely played a part of my boat choice, mine drafts less than 13" and the bottom looks like it was in a war zone, I need skinny and in the next 2 years I will be researching boats, lynx is in my list. Would be awesome if you can start listing draft. It can't be that hard to figure out

Not on the list but my jaguar can float in about 14inches of water down here on the coast. It goes anywhere I want while on the trolling motor.

9. Member
    if draft is your main concern, are you open to an Eyra?

i'm very surprised how shallow my boat will float. I swear it will float in 8-10 inches of water with the trolling motor down. it's a great platform for fishing skinny water

If my tm is in the water enough the blades don't touch the surface or bottom I can drag my boat across almost every time, once I could not... Eyra is sweet but I think I'd crash at 80

Fishysam,

in the previous Bay Cat days we listed it as 14-16” draft, and others listed theirs as 10” when there was no way it was accurate. Bay models used 10” as a rule of thumb in conversation though honestly the Bay Cat would travel shallower than 90% of those. It becomes opinion and if we list it as XX”, then another brand will simply list theirs as less for marketing reasons. Just like livewells, Bass Cat’s are larger though other touted 50 gallon wells when there’s no way they are that.

Flat calm water, stand in the water, place 4 pieces of tape at the water line 2 towards the bow and two back by the transom, put on trailer, use a 8' level between tape pieces, use the trailer jack to make the tape spots level, Then measure the lowest point to the ground, minus that from the ground to the tape= draft

throw a 2 minute Video on YouTube and explain what your doing to raise the level of credibility for bass cat and denounce the bogus claims by others, I know my draft by measuring the water I drag over the sand... haha

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Not on the list but my jaguar can float in about 14inches of water down here on the coast. It goes anywhere I want while on the trolling motor.
    Mine also!!

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I've had my Caracal in 18" of water with no problems. Not sure how shallow I could go beyond that. I have a belly tank and one 26 gallon tank in the rear. Both tanks were nearly full at that time.
    I think Ive had mine a touch shallower than that. Mine seems to float pretty high with the belly tank.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

15. Member
    I have owned a Jag, Eyra, Sabre and now a Pantera II. My TM would churn mud before any of those boat hulls ever touched bottom.
    As someone stated above, the Eyra drafts very shallow, and it also slides off stumps better than any glass boat I have been in.
    There are too many variables to give exact hull draft on boats of any brand. If you could find someone with a specific model, and drive it would be your best bet
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Member
    We fished Taneycomo this weekend and while I didn't get all the way to the dam, anyone who has fished there knows the water can get skinny in a hurry. If they are not running a lot of water, I prefer to fish further downstream on the backside of gravel bars. Many times the TM is stirring up mud and I'd guess I was sitting in 16-18" of water with no problems.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma