Ledge and under water points Ky lake

Guys question ... what direction points / ledges are the best to Fish on Ky lake? I know the water flows north. But does that mean you fish the north pointing points? Or south pointing points? Iam trying to understand how the fish set up.

2. Member
    Ones that face into the current

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castin_a_jig View Post
    Guys question ... what direction points / ledges are the best to Fish on Ky lake? I know the water flows north. But does that mean you fish the north pointing points? Or south pointing points? Iam trying to understand how the fish set up.
    I have caught them both ways a number of times, I think it depends on the spot,,,,,,,RT

4. Member
    Isnt into the current more likely to form shell beds?
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    I don't pay as much attention to the direction of the point as I do to how a cast to a spot. Generally speaking, best approach is throwing into the current so that it's pushing the bait back towards the boat. Bass tend to position themselves looking into the current so to bring your bait right in front of their face you want to cast upstream.

6. Member
    This is the worst I have ever seen Ky lake. Only 5 fish in 2 days and not a fish over 15in. We always catch a lot of fish not a lot of size but we catch fish. The carp are crazy. I haven’t been past 68 bridge might try that in the morning of this evening

7. Member
    The FLW winner just had over 100 lbs in 4 days....the fish are still there for sure.

8. Member
    The rest of the field didnt fair as well

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    The rest of the field didnt fair as well
    Tells me once again that the big numbers of our gam fish are not there like they use to be.

10. Member
    Very few ledges have a material amount of bass on them right now (from what I personally saw this weekend -after scanning ledges for 3-4 hours each day) Maybe they are a week or 2 late? Or, maybe the numbers just aren't what they used to be... Hoping that there is a big migration this week. Lots of tournaments this weekend, the few ledges that have fish will be CROWDED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Tells me once again that the big numbers of our gam fish are not there like they use to be.
    Unfortunately I believe this is the case as well... Sad situation for sure.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX