Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this prop running a Verado Pro 250?
    2 years of it on a 921 with 12" plate.

Props from a 26 to a 28.5. 74-78mph
    Last edited by xranger77; 05-21-2018 at 05:25 PM.

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I've been posting about it for close to 2 years.
    You're the original Phoenix with Bravo. If I had a Verado I would have gone Bravo sooner due to your posts.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I need to measure prop to pad. 4-5 on the Bob's. You think its running too high? Water pressure has always been good and I get a slip of 11% but if I'm doing something wrong let me know.
    My sho is mounted in second hole up from bottom on a 12" Bob's hydro. I run it wot at 1 light before #4 on the JP gauge.
    That puts me at approx 1 3/4" p2p.
    I takeoff with Bob's at #3 raise it as I go. This works for me, but may not work for your boat.

If I run wot, above #4 on my Bob's gauge, the sound of the motor/prop changes to a little louder & deeper, and lose a little speed. That tells me prop is out of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    My sho is mounted in second hole up from bottom on a 12" Bob's hydro. I run it wot at 1 light before #4 on the JP gauge.
    That puts me at approx 1 3/4" p2p.
    I takeoff with Bob's at #3 raise it as I go. This works for me, but may not work for your boat.

If I run wot, above #4 on my Bob's gauge, the sound of the motor/prop changes to a little louder & deeper, and lose a little speed. That tells me prop is out of water.
    My boat sounds the same as yours, same mount position - 4 is the sweet spot - above that motor sound changes and I suspect that's the reason too. I should have said 3.5-4.5 on the Bobs gauge.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    My boat sounds the same as yours, same mount position - 4 is the sweet spot - above that motor sound changes and I suspect that's the reason too. I should have said 3.5-4.5 on the Bobs gauge.
    Gotcha!

You're the original Phoenix with Bravo. If I had a Verado I would have gone Bravo sooner due to your posts.
    Thanks Dave.

Im still running decent numbers with a beat up 26.5. Two years old and seen plenty of sand and rock. Needs worked something fierce. Pulled 72 with two guys and full of gear last weekend. Probably should have been 74 or so though.

I still believe the bigger setback is why I get such good numbers. I dont believe that "setback" of the Verado is 5". Ive been told its closer to 2". But...doesnt matter. I know the more setback you get the better it handles and faster it runs. There is a reason those guys with go fast boats run 12-16" plates.

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks Dave.

Im still running decent numbers with a beat up 26.5. Two years old and seen plenty of sand and rock. Needs worked something fierce. Pulled 72 with two guys and full of gear last weekend. Probably should have been 74 or so though.

I still believe the bigger setback is why I get such good numbers. I dont believe that "setback" of the Verado is 5". Ive been told its closer to 2". But...doesnt matter. I know the more setback you get the better it handles and faster it runs. There is a reason those guys with go fast boats run 12-16" plates.
    Yeah, thinking about putting my 2" spacers back on for 14" setback plus what the sho already has...2" I think.
    I got 1.5 - 2.5 mph more with the 2" spacers & 25-T1 I ran, but she'd get too loose on me to keep the spacers on all the time. Too much work to drive, so I removed them.
    But the Bravo 1 just might hold her with the spacers on. May give it a go. Just gotta find time to mount them. I'll post about it when the time comes.

Sounds good. Maybe need to get the motor mounted higher as well. Mine would walk a bit around 74 off the start. Moved the motor up and the only time I had any walk at all was at 77, and was still 1 handed driving.

9. Member
    Can’t wait to get a 12” hydro on mine

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Sounds good. Maybe need to get the motor mounted higher as well. Mine would walk a bit around 74 off the start. Moved the motor up and the only time I had any walk at all was at 77, and was still 1 handed driving.
    Thanks, but motor is up, 2nd hole from bottom. Only 1 hole left. You talking about using last hole on bottom?

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have considered moving mine up to the last hole, I dont need to go any higher but just hate running with my jackplate almost all the way up all the time
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I have considered moving mine up to the last hole, I dont need to go any higher but just hate running with my jackplate almost all the way up all the time
    I need to move mine up. Zlock is maxed out at 2.75 p2p. It's just a pain to get in a shop right now now with all the pleasure boats in there

Thanks, but motor is up, 2nd hole from bottom. Only 1 hole left. You talking about using last hole on bottom?
    Yes. I did it so I could actually use the plate. I still had plenty left in middle hole. I moved it 2, still had some left and sweet spot seemed to be about 18/19 on the Atlas. I didn't want to be basically maxed out all the time. With a good prop I can run 16/17 usually for best speed.

14. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks xranger, I have a Bob's, but 16-17 on an Atlas is where I know guys that can drive run it.
    I just may try that bottom hole, especially if I use the 2" spacers.
    I need to run about 1"+ higher on plate with spacers on. They make boat sit lower in rear.

So with spacers on, (14" setback) & with motor in bottom hole to make up difference of how she sets in water...
    I should be running plate close to how I do now... (2nd hole, 12" plate -vs- bottom hole, 14" plate)
    You guys follow what I'm saying? Does that make sense? Trying to get a mindset here, lol

Drew do you remember what you torque the motor-to-plate at?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 05-24-2018 at 06:26 AM.

I want to say it was 100lbs, maybe 110. I have it somewhere.

Yes, that does make sense. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt maxed on plate height and motor height when running WOT. I know they are tested and rated to run wherever, but rather have that plate not maxed out all the time.

Correction. 90lbs to JP.

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Correction. 90lbs to JP.
    Thank you! I raised mine to begin with for same reasons. Seem like a lot of pressure pulling back on plate when it's up high.

18. Member
    Thanks xranger, I have a Bob's, but 16-17 on an Atlas is where I know guys that can drive run it.
    I just may try that bottom hole, especially if I use the 2" spacers.
    I need to run about 1"+ higher on plate with spacers on. They make boat sit lower in rear.

So with spacers on, (14" setback) & with motor in bottom hole to make up difference of how she sets in water...
    I should be running plate close to how I do now... (2nd hole, 12" plate -vs- bottom hole, 14" plate)
    You guys follow what I'm saying? Does that make sense? Trying to get a mindset here, lol

Drew do you remember what you torque the motor-to-plate at?

Thanks guys!
    It's not necessarily that the boat sits lower in the rear, it's that the motor is further back in the swell that comes out from under the pad. The further back you go, the higher the swell is, the higher the motor needs to be. With 14" of setback on a sho you may end up running level or above pad. Especially with a croxton t-2 or bravo

19. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    It's not necessarily that the boat sits lower in the rear, it's that the motor is further back in the swell that comes out from under the pad. The further back you go, the higher the swell is, the higher the motor needs to be. With 14" of setback on a sho you may end up running level or above pad. Especially with a croxton t-2 or bravo
    Ok, I get the "swell" part. Not sure what you mean by "running above pad"? I have a croxton T1 & stock bravo
    When I had spacers on before for 14" setback, with the 25-T1, I had less lift, but ran less boat in water at wot, if that makes any sense.
    I was in 2nd hole from bottom, & She'd get loose on me unless I really worked at keeping her controlled. It was just too much work to keep her tight.
    Now I have the bravo and want to raise motor to bottom hole and add spacers back on for 14" setback. I think the bravo will hold her better.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thank you! I raised mine to begin with for same reasons. Seem like a lot of pressure pulling back on plate when it's up high.
    same reason I may move up one more hole, im running 17 out of 20 on the atlas but I guess its built to run that way
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast