Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    every prop I send to Mark will run 1" higher after he BPs it.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I know I have run mine pretty high. I think I attempted to measure once on gravel and I think I was about 2" for everyday running, and know I raised motor up while I was out. Im sure I had it damn close to even PTP techinally due to the setback.

I am running my SHO higher with my Phoenix than I did on my Skeeter 20i - and with my Skeeter I was running a Croxton worked T1 with a 12" hydro plate.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

4. Member
    Anyone running the Bravo on a 250 ProXS? Curious to see what it would do...
    2017 721 Pro XP
    250 ProXS
    Twin 8' PP blades
    Humminbird 12 at dash and 10 at bow
    Ultrex 112

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buktmouth View Post
    Going to meet a guy today to buy a 26p Bravo 1 that was on a Phoenix with a Pro XS.
    He's selling it for his dad, but I'll see what he knows and report back. Think it was on a 721.

6. Member
    Thank you sir!!
    2017 721 Pro XP
    250 ProXS
    Twin 8' PP blades
    Humminbird 12 at dash and 10 at bow
    Ultrex 112

Quote Originally Posted by Buktmouth View Post
    I ran one on a Charger 596. 26p. Was a great runner. Carried that heavy ass bow well. Only prop better was a 700$ super Croxton worked over 96 times 27p Tempest Plus. It was about 1-2mph faster in perfect conditon. Once that Tempest got wear it lost 1mph and dropped the bow. Out of the box the 26 Bravo was better all around.

Lots of my friends run Bravos on their XS motors. Love them.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Going to meet a guy today to buy a 26p Bravo 1 that was on a Phoenix with a Pro XS.
    He's selling it for his dad, but I'll see what he knows and report back. Think it was on a 721.
    Well I screwed up. It was a Bravo 1, but not a Bravo 1 XS, so I didn't buy it.
    Anyway, he said it pushed a 520 Ranger pretty good with Pro XS, but also admitted he doesn't know much about getting optimum performance from a prop.
    He now has a Phoenix and is going to a 3 blade 25p Fury

*We all need to keep in mind that when we say Bravo 1, in most instances, we really mean Bravo 1 XS.
    The prop I went to look to buy was just a Bravo 1 which has 4 holes, whereas a Bravo 1 XS has 8 holes.
    For some reason when we are talking about the Bravo 1 XS in this thread and some others, we don't type the XS, or even the 1 after we type Bravo. We take for granted that those on this thread already know that. We shouldn't, but we do.
    So, if anyone has a question about a Bravo Prop, try to remember to specify which Bravo you're referring to...Bravo 1...or...Bravo1 XS. Two different animals. Thx!

9. Member
    The xs also has a shorter barrel length. You can easily turn a regular bravo 1 into an XS though as that's all that mercury does, drill extra holes and shorten the barrel. Then there is the FS which is for the four stroke engines. So if you could have gotten that prop cheap croxton would know exactly what to do to it to make it an XS. Croxton also told me the bravos aren't the most durable of props, just due to their thin blades. He said on a prop test they don't make it, which is 40 hours of wot run time on a machine. That's a LOT of time for most guys though so I wouldn't worry to much about it

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Yes I know about the barrel length difference, but actually thought the XS is longer. I had it backwards.
    I thought it was the "labbed" Bravos had the issue of slinging blades.
    Thanks for the info!

11. Member
    The Bravo 1 prop I bought doesn't have any PVS holes in it. Should I have bought the Bravo 1 XS instead? Figured from what I've read on here that the SHO's didn't need any PVS holes and that that prop would work. I've only run it once and got up to 67mph don't recall what the rpm's were though, I also didn't play with the the jack plate or the trim too much.
    2017 921proxp 250 SHO

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfu37 View Post
    The Bravo 1 prop I bought doesn't have any PVS holes in it. Should I have bought the Bravo 1 XS instead? Figured from what I've read on here that the SHO's didn't need any PVS holes and that that prop would work. I've only run it once and got up to 67mph don't recall what the rpm's were though, I also didn't play with the the jack plate or the trim too much.
    You have the Bravo 1 FS without holes, for 4 strokes. That is the the right type of Bravo 1 for your sho.
    The XS has 8 holes for Mercury owners to fine tune the prop to their boat / motor... or someone can plug all holes for 4 stroke motors
    I bought the XS with 8 holes and plugged them all for my sho. The reason I bought the one with holes is that I was told...
    in case I didn't like it, it would have a better chance to sell to either...Merc or Sho owners.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    You have the Bravo 1 FS without holes, for 4 strokes. That is the the right type of Bravo 1 for your sho.
    The XS has 8 holes for Mercury owners to fine tune the prop to their boat / motor... or someone can plug all holes for 4 stroke motors
    I bought the XS with 8 holes and plugged them all for my sho. The reason I bought the one with holes is that I was told...
    in case I didn't like it, it would have a better chance to sell to either...Merc or Sho owners.

Gotcha. Thanks!
    2017 921proxp 250 SHO

15. Member
    The pvs holes are just for holeshot anyway. They don't effect top end at all. So if you have good holeshot don't worry about the holes, if your holeshot is bogging down the motor real bad you can get some holes added to get some venting. I ran mine with a plug out and run a tempest with a little venting and it doesn't hurt anything on a 4 stroke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123