New ignition part number, 1995 Mercury 150hp Xr6 Blackmax

Hello I have a 1995 Champion 181dc with a 1995 Mercury Xr6 150hp motor. Recently I have been having some issues with the ignition sticking on etc...I was wanting to replace it but not sure what part number I need. I want to get one ordered and here before I take my old one apart. Appreciate the help...
    ChampioN 181

Go to crowley marine they have a great website. Use the serial number off motor will pull up a parts list for your motor then you can buy from them or search the part number on the old internet.
    It is what it is

3. Banned
    Go to European Marine(Board Sponsor and mod of this forum) they have a great website http://www.europeanmarine.org/partsaccessories.html

Use the serial number off motor will pull up a parts list for your motor then you can buy from them or search the part number on the old internet.

4. Member
    Hello all, my serial number is OG244814. Can someone help me make sure I order the correct ignition. Thanks
    ChampioN 181

5. Member
    17009a5 is merc number you can cross it to aftermarket also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Okay, just got my new one delivered. I went to install it. There are 10 wires on the back of my old one and 6 wires on the back of the new one. Did I get the wrong one or do you wire up new ones differently...
    ChampioN 181

7. Member
    just match colors
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Would I be putting two wires to one wire on the back of the new ignition? I just hate to cut this old ignition off and then have issues of this new one working after hooking up. I am suppose to fish tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lawenforcer; 05-23-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    ChampioN 181

9. Member
    don't have to just tape up ones not used, should be fine