Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we discuss value of our Champion on this forum...

Hello all, I have a 1995 Champion 181dc, 150 hp Mercury XR6 all in good shape and I am considering selling in the near future..I just want everyone's feedback on what you are seeing them sell for. You would think there would be a market for them, since they are going to become harder to find in good shape...any and all input is appreciated...

*Please delete if not allowed, I don't want to break any rules, it not an actual for sale ad, just looking for feedback before I decide to sell...Thanks
    ChampioN 181

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sure it's OK to ask owners thoughts on the value of your rig. For you to get a good idea of the value you could go to www.nada.com/boats this will give you the low and average value.

3. Banned
    I think you might be in the $5k range, give or take a little $$$ either way.

4. Member
    Just sold a 98 181 150 xr6, jack plate, HDS 9&7 interlinked with point one, 3 bank changer and so on! $9500

I have the same boat. Wouldn’t sell it for $5k, but not sure it is realistically worth $9k either.

that said, it has a fresh power head, power pole, HDS graphs and in great shape and ssbassman got $9500 for his.

at the end of the day it is what someone will pay and you can’t move your price up once you put it out there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawenforcer View Post
    Hello all, I have a 1995 Champion 181dc, 150 hp Mercury XR6 all in good shape and I am considering selling in the near future..I just want everyone's feedback on what you are seeing them sell for. You would think there would be a market for them, since they are going to become harder to find in good shape...any and all input is appreciated...

*Please delete if not allowed, I don't want to break any rules, it not an actual for sale ad, just looking for feedback before I decide to sell...Thanks
    Some people are scared of carberated engines so the XR6 might narrow down your audience. Another factor is options and upgrades. Not seeing pictures or knowing options: 6-10k

7. Banned
    Have a transom that’s never been resealed and you’ll be lucky to get $3k for it.

8. Banned
    I was wandering what I could sell my 96 190 DC for. Hull and trailer rig for mercury. Has hydrolic steering. Average condtion. Or trade for a single console. Any ideals?

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbarnett View Post
    I was wandering what I could sell my 96 190 DC for. Hull and trailer rig for mercury. Has hydrolic steering. Average condtion. Or trade for a single console. Any ideals?
    http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 05-24-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Have a transom that’s never been resealed and you’ll be lucky to get $3k for it.
    That makes zero sense.

If it had a bad transom maybe, but just to say because it has never been resealed makes it a $3k boat..........

11. Member
    General condition will actually change your price up or down. Condition of gel coat,transom,carpet,trailer,floors,and any add- ons dictates what it will bring. So you might have it evaluated by someone who really knows Champion boats if possible. Best not use someone that wants to buy one though.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashack View Post
    That makes zero sense.

If it had a bad transom maybe, but just to say because it has never been resealed makes it a $3k boat..........

Yeah sure it doesn’t, pull the motor bolts and tie downs and get back to us. Do you think a warning label pops up when the inside is rotting?

Now I guess you might be one of the few that has sealant that survived for 20+ years and then again you might find a buyer that doesn’t know to check the transom either.

My Champ is a 2005 model and it was leaking into the transom, it happens. If you like your boat, re-seal everything.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 05-21-2018 at 01:38 PM.

13. Member
    I bought mine, a '94 176DC with a Mercury 115. It had been sitting for 10 years unused. It looked like a brand new boat minus the seats that had been changed to some cheap BPS type plastic seats. It was listed on a forum here for quite a while and no one touched it until I found it. It had been detailed, waxed, electronics replaced etc. to get it back into good running condition. I paid $4800 for it.

What I've seen the last few years as many do not want a DC. Some will shy away because of carbs. Most nowadays feel that you have to have at least a 20 footer and a 250HP motor to fish in. A lot depends on your area. I've seen 18' Champs selling for around $7500 here. Depending on your electronics and accessories it might be a little more or a little less.

I found out my transom was bad about a year later. Could not tell it until I pulled the motor. I poured a transom so no big deal. It's as good as new now and I use the crap out of it. I don't think that I'd take $5000 for mine either.

14. Member
    Nada is a good start however getting decent pricing or loan value is a joke on there. Nada doesn't account for any upgrades and is very generic on electronics and such. For example I own a 87 Champion and NADA values it at 3500-4500. My point is i have new carpet,new seats,new Xi5 troll motor, 2 HDS 12" touch, led deck lights, recessed foot pedal, new motor, hydraulic steering, new windshield, and on and on and on. I have almost 12k in the restoration and simply you cant NADA that. Champion boat values are in the eyes of the owners and the buyer knowing whats been done and what he or she is getting. IMO Anyway fellas.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've always used NADA as a starting place, then adjust for market, upgrades, etc. But don't expect a 20 year old boat with a new outboard to go up by the price of the outboard. It's still a 20 year old boat. To the other question, I've owned two Champs with wooden transoms. A 1990 176 I bought in 1994 and sold in 2003. A 1993 201 I bought in 2003 and sold in 2010. Both had rock solid transoms when I sold them. Proper maintenance before you have an issue is a must. There is nothing wrong with the Champ transom & stringer design. It was state of the art in its day. Every other boat on the market in that era was the same.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 05-22-2018 at 03:13 PM.

16. Member
    According to NADA my 1989 176 is around 6,000 bucks.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post

NADA boat site down or is it a subscription service?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post

NADA boat site down or is it a subscription service?
    Its up. The link is defective, but there is another link taking you to the Nada home page.

Nada must be keeping up with Champ values, cuz it has my boat listed for 12k, and I paid 16k for it 12 years ago.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

19. Member
    I had the exact same rig as the op in really good shape. Had a elite 4x and elite 5 on it for graphs. Boat had a fortrex and a talon. Sold it for 9800. Don't give it away. The XR6 shouldn't scare anyone away from it that would know anything. Those motors are as bullet proof as they come.

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Whoops sorry my mistake got too quick on the keyboard.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast