Loss of RPM on 2009 optimax 200

Hey guys, I was out running the other day and I noticed my top end changed. My normal rev is about 5650 and my boat does about 73 mph there. Now I cant go over 69.5 and 5400 RPM no matter how I trim. No changes to the pantera. Fuel pressure steady at 10.1. No extra weight. Livewell empty. Ran again for same result. My holeshot is the same but it does feel sluggish at the top of the powerband. The motor idles fine. Any advice?

Thanks In advance,
    Mike

2. Member
    Where are you reading 10.1 for fuel pressure? Are you up to date on annual maintenance and are your spark plugs less than 1yr old - Recommended Annual Maintenance or Winterization for Optimax Engines
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I have a smartcraft gauge. My plugs are about 15 months ol but I oly put like 35 hrs on my motor since he last service.

4. Member
    The fuel pressure you're reading on your Smartcraft gauge is not used with Optimax engines (that's why it's always 10.1). If it were my engine I'd replace the plugs FIRST then see what happens. You'll see Don post 364.99 days when referring to annual service requirements. Please note the recommended interval is 100hrs or annually, whichever comes first.

Edit to add best post in 3L forum (what your engine is) in future and be sure to include serial number when posting.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax