For those who put hyrdo turf on your Tin

Hey everyone,

I just removed all the carpet from my G3 Hp170. What a nightmare, still working on the glue. Question for those who put hyrdo turf on their boats. I have some pretty decent gaps now since all of the carpet is removed. Did you guys wrap your lids in hyrdo turf? Can you wrap your lids in this? Or would you suggest it just going right up to the edge?

Thanks for any input.

Is suggest going up to the edge. I tried wrapping it and it didn't really want to fold well. Maybe someone else had better luck and can tell you buy in my experience it doesn't like wrapping around edges.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Is suggest going up to the edge. I tried wrapping it and it didn't really want to fold well. Maybe someone else had better luck and can tell you buy in my experience it doesn't like wrapping around edges.
    Thanks basscatcher89. Got another, So now that I have my carpet removed from my lids I have decent gap on my lids up front. What did you use to fill those gaps? I can post a pic tomorrow for better reference.

I had a camo RT so I had the gaps from day 1. So I just left them.

5. Member
    The gaps are a big turnoff for me on the boats that I looked at that did not have carpet. Tracker uses vinyl that is thinner than the carpet pile. Ranger Lowe use a spray in or roll on coating that is pretty thin yet they ALL use the SAME hatches that they use with carpet. The hatches should have different dimensions for the different applications.

6. Member
    Just a thought, if there are few enough gaps, attach a strip of starboard or similar and cover with hydro turf flush to the edge concealing the strip. Wish I could think of a better material to close the gap, afraid aluminum would add too much weight.

Just a thought.

7. Member
    This is a similar product and the guy managed to wrap the edges successfully.

If you are still trying to get the glue off, try this stuff. Just put on with a paint brush, let sit for 10 minutes, and scrap off with a puddy knife. Old glue will come off like warm butter.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    The gaps are a big turnoff for me on the boats that I looked at that did not have carpet. Tracker uses vinyl that is thinner than the carpet pile. Ranger Lowe use a spray in or roll on coating that is pretty thin yet they ALL use the SAME hatches that they use with carpet. The hatches should have different dimensions for the different applications.
    I agree with this. I do not like gaps.

10. Member
    I wrote Diamond Deck. They don't ship to the US. I am using that Jasco product. Havent been able to work on it much. Should get my turf in the mail tomorrow.

11. Member
    Thanks Croix. I am using that stuff now. much better than Goo off that I am using. I am thinking about getting some aluminum strip and placing it between the hinge and the boat. Just to close the gap a little more.