Jack Hammer Jigs

A buddy of mine wants to buy me 4 of these baits because I am all the time complain I can't catch nothing on a blade jig. I keep telling him if I can't catch them on the cheap ones then why the hell should I be able them on a over priced one. He told me this morning that if I didn't give him the size and color by Tuesday he would order me a couple of colors and sizes he uses. He mostly fishes Alabama lakes and I fish Georgia clear water lakes, Lainer, Caters, Blue Ridge, Notley and a couple of other lakes that are deep and clear. So my question is what do you think would be the beast colors for these lakes. I thought that maybe i should use the same colors i use for my spinner baits but the problem there is all of my spinner bait skirts are all hand tied to my likens. So whats a man to do
    1/4 or 1/2 oz

2. Member
    3/8 Shad or White and a Green I use Yamamoto Zako and Z-Man Diesel as trailers. The jackhammer isn’t over priced and is a very fine top quality lure. If you’re not catching them on the original chatterbait, then the problem is your presentation and the jack hammer won’t change that.

When it it hits the water and you get it to the desired depth, pop the rod to get the blade vibrating. I start by reeling just fast enough to keep the blade going and change up speeds to see what they like.

You can can fish them in a a variety of ways because it’s a jig, so fish it like a jig. Pop it off the bottom, skip it under docks, etc. They flat out catch fish. Good luck and once you figure it out, you’ll own more.

3. Member
    I use white, gp, and black/blue primarily. I use gp 90% of the time, even on shad lakes. The chattebait is just a killer bluegill imitator. Black/blue only gets the call in real dirty water. Red colors can also be really good though.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS