Banned

2013 ranger z520c

Just put a deposit down on this boat. Supposed to pick it up Saturday. I know ranger is a great boat, it has a 13 Evinrude on it as well. Anyone give me some advice on which prop they recommend?
    And can anyone give me inside on this boat? What they like and dislike.

2. Member
    I have a 13 520C with a Pro XS. Awesome boat, the best I've had and I've had many going back to a 72 TR-3. Biggest dislike is the cooler, Ranger fixed it under warranty but it's still doesn't keep ice like my others with coolers. Other than that, it's IMO the perfect layout and like fishing from a dock. I think you will love the ride. Can't say anything about the Rude. Good luck and enjoy, I think you will!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger randy View Post
    I have a 13 520C with a Pro XS. Awesome boat, the best I've had and I've had many going back to a 72 TR-3. Biggest dislike is the cooler, Ranger fixed it under warranty but it's still doesn't keep ice like my others with coolers. Other than that, it's IMO the perfect layout and like fishing from a dock. I think you will love the ride. Can't say anything about the Rude. Good luck and enjoy, I think you will!
    Thanks, excited to go get it.

4. Member
    I have the same rig. Boat is all you could ask of it in other words really good. Mine has the rude ho and it’s my first rude after 25 Mercs and I’ve been really impressed. No problems and over 300 hours. You will enjoy your rig.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerrobert View Post
    I have the same rig. Boat is all you could ask of it in other words really good. Mine has the rude ho and it’s my first rude after 25 Mercs and I’ve been really impressed. No problems and over 300 hours. You will enjoy your rig.
    Great to know. I noticed you aren't but an hour from where I live. What lakes do you fish?

6. Member
    Stay at Toledo now have a camp for the last 10 years, before that all over the state and beyond.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerrobert View Post
    Stay at Toledo now have a camp for the last 10 years, before that all over the state and beyond.
    How hard is it going to be to drive the boat to get the lift like I see on all the videos? Every one I see they have crazy lift.
    Last edited by Stratosguy0725; 05-20-2018 at 07:19 AM.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    25 Fury is a good prop for that engine and hull, in a 3 blade. Several good 4 blades out there, including the Fury 4. Congrats on a great purchase.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Member
    Not hard to get hull to lift, easy to put to much air under it and slow you down. I’ve run a 26 raker, 25 fury 3 blade and a 26 bravo xs and a 25 tempest . For me I like the bravo not as fast on the top end but carries the boat real well, handling is real good. Hole shot is good. With a heavy load I can still get to 70 on most days and I turn 5900 rpm’s.

10. Member
    I have the 2013 Z520c carbon but with the Sho 250. best boat ive owned. As said the cooler does not keep ice as good as other Rangers but layout and lockers are super!!

I drove 1300 miles, round trip, to pick up my 2013 Z520C. I made the right decision; it's an amazing boat. You're going to love it.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

12. Member
    1800 miles one way to bring my 13 520C home. Glad I did