Need Pics of Power Pole reservoir mounting in Sportsman

I have a Sportsman 17 and would like some ideas for mounting the pump/reservoir for Power Poles. If you have one or two poles, could you please post pics? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by gring; 05-22-2018 at 03:49 PM.

2. Member
    Bump.

3. Not Banned
    My starting battery is turned sideways and the pump is mounted beside it on a piece of aluminum. No pics... sorry.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
    My starting battery is turned sideways and the pump is mounted beside it on a piece of aluminum. No pics... sorry.
    TheSilverFox, is that a dealer install or did you install it?

5. Not Banned
    Dealer install. I’m working 3rd. I can try to get pics later this week. I’m thinking there is room for 2 pumps... considering a second pole. Best I remember they riveted a plate to mount the pump to.

6. Not Banned
    This is also on a Sportsman 19... but from what I remember, the 17,18 and 18 are the same from the seats back in size.

7. Member
    I will post pics when I get off of work. Dealer installed the pole but I can post pics of everything.

8. Member
    How big of batteries have you guys been able to squeeze in these sporstman models. I’m picking up my sportsman 19 tomorrow. Dealer told me all I could get is a 24 series cranking and two 27 series trolling. Said that’s as big as I can fit in there

9. Member
    They took a plate of thin aluminum and made an L shape out of it. Riveting the bottom of it under a battery so they would have a vertical surface to mount the pump and reservoir between the batteries and transom.

image uploading on here seems to be a pain without an image hosting site

10. Member
    What hosting sites are y’all using?

This is what I did. Just got a thin piece of aluminum from the hardware store and made and L out of it. Gave me a 'false bottom' so I was able to mount it in the section that only has the bilge and livewell pump. This was on a 2011 18 SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstokes90 View Post
    They took a plate of thin aluminum and made an L shape out of it. Riveting the bottom of it under a battery so they would have a vertical surface to mount the pump and reservoir between the batteries and transom.

image uploading on here seems to be a pain without an image hosting site