Merc Monitor install.

Just recieved Merc Monitor vers 1. I will talk with Don monday, however rainey day getting it installed just 2 questions . Can the power conection be fused . And also is the purple wire to the ignition they talk about part of the main harness. Thanks for any help.

Biggest part of installing the MercMonitor is running the cable from console through the rigging hose to the connector at the motor. I have the Level 1 MercMonitor and did not connect any power connections. My MercMonitor powers up when the motor is running or the key is in the run position to check data.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think the power cable the OP is referring to is the NMEA 2000 power. If you dont plan on powering up N2K from the MM or dont have it at all then it does not get connected/powered up.

If you do have N2K already installed and working on your boat then dont power it on the MM....N2K only gets power from 1 source.

I'll let someone else answer for the purple wire.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    NEVER splice anything from the MercMonitor to the PURPLE in the keyswitch. I believe we have already gone over your installation by phone?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor