Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    There was what looked to be a guide boat fishing at the mouth of Sugar Creek yesterday where Sugar Creek dumped in to the main Channel must have been around 30 feet deep Plus. I figured that must have been one of his spots also.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigclubswinger View Post
    Could be. Rodney was saying Sugar and I figured if anyone knew it would be him but I think he was talking about mouth of Sugar for the 2nd spot.

By looking at that day 3 video, to me it looks like they are at the junction of JC and main channel on Saturday morning and then Lambert moves either to the mouth of Sugar or Pisgah for the 9 pounder and his catch on Sunday morning. I know this was the FLW Graphic on Saturday morning.

I was talking about Sunday

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBfish View Post
    I was talking about Sunday
    Yeah. Definitely more on East side Sunday. Just conflicting info on whether it was mouth of Sugar or mouth of Pisgah.

4. Member
    Most of the time today on main lake ledge today when I was out there at least 2 boats were always there. Pisgah bay had at least 10 boats that came and went. I ran and followed lambert sat and sunday. Pisgah bay is where Lambert was back and forth. I made 2 videos and took lots of photos. Dont know how to post em tho.

5. Member

Pisyah bay

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Maybe Lambert played this in his boat and that did it.

2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Bingo!

I've found this to also be true when it comes to river fishing. When I lived in Louisville, I fished the Ohio quite a bit, and it was common to be in a line of boats going down the same stretch of bank with maybe 50 yards between each boat as there were a limited amount of decent areas. I could be at the end of the line, fishing the same spot that 2 boats went by previously, and manage to pull fish from them. It wasn't about the spot, but rather throwing something different or using a presentation that others simply weren't using. It was crazy how baits that were hot would simply quit working all together once others got to using them.

Probably won't be long before the Jerky J quits working!
    Agree. It's not as simple as pulling up to a ledge and whacking them. What I've found most difficult is in low current conditions when there are fish, but they are suspending off the side of the ledge over the channel. At that point it's a stand off and you have to wait them out. Big gamble in a tournament. Angles and hitting the spot within the spot are critical. That's why the guys had to fish rub rail to rub rail for a short time.

8. Member
    I fished yesterday afternoon and specifically avoided Pisgah, but when I went by there was a boat fishing it... The lake is fishing pretty well right now IMO. Fished from 5:30 to dark and had 4 that went about 13 lbs, then a few 2 lbers, and then went shallow at sunset and started wrecking the squeakers. Did pull up on one school that I thought we were going to hammer on and never got bit. Maybe they weren't bass, but they sure looked like it on the graph.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I went to "The Spot" today and found this. There was a wrapped boat with a jersey on the front with three other guys fishing with him. Another boat was filming the whole thing. They were fishing "my" waypoint.
    Most likely It was Lambert again. FLW does this "Day 5" deal and video it with the winner after the tournament for a more in-depth look at how they won.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post

Pisyah bay
    This and the one directly above are not the same spots. This looks to be inside the mouth of Pisgah.

11. Member
    Here is the FLW Day 5 video

12. Member
    Do they have a co-angler with them on Day 3 ? If so, I'm wondering how the co-angler felt about his boater "taking it to the house".

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Co- anglers fish day 1 and 2 with a full field. The co-angler winner is crowned after day two...The boater field on day 3 is cut to 30 boats and day 4 is 10 boats. Day 1 goes out by boat draw number. Day 2 the numbers are reversed. Day 3 is by how you are doing in the standings for the tournament...hench the boat race to the spot because on day 3 Haynes was leading and Lambert was in second. Day 4 also goes out by what position you are in so Lambert went out boat 1 on day 4.

14. Member
    Another interesting video on the tournament from Lambert's perspective

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123