Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Went out today. Pretty good bite from 0800-1030. At around 1100 my motor decided to eat its serpentine belt and I needed a tow back to smallwood.
    Scott,
    Shredded belt tip. Pull everything apart at the air plenum down to the butterfly. Those strands get everywhere. Including the cooling vents on the alternator which will suck them further inside. Huge PIA. I run a belt two years then replace it keeping the old one in the boat tool box as a spare. Never had one shred on that program. I also touch the belt up a couple times a year with Prestone belt dressing.

2. Member
    Was out yesterday... Water was pretty stained to muddy. winds picked up late morning to afternoon. Anyone who is running the water, be careful. There is debris throughout the main river.... and it's not just little twigs.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Scott,
    Shredded belt tip. Pull everything apart at the air plenum down to the butterfly. Those strands get everywhere. Including the cooling vents on the alternator which will suck them further inside. Huge PIA. I run a belt two years then replace it keeping the old one in the boat tool box as a spare. Never had one shred on that program. I also touch the belt up a couple times a year with Prestone belt dressing.
    I'm not messing with it Mike. I decided to bring it to the boat doctor and have them go through it making sure the alternator and compressor didn't seize up. They're a good shop so I'm sure they will go over it well. Just want to make sure the belt going isn't a symptom of something else.

4. mikesxpress
    Those belts will shread with age. Hope it's nothing else. I would still go thru it meticulously and get every piece of that belt material off the engine and check the areas noted. That crap sticks to everything! If any remains inside the cowling it will eventually find it's way into the air plenum and/or alternator cooling fins.

5. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Out this afternoon, water from Pohick to Piscataway was stained, guessing 8-12" visibility. Warmest water I found was 77 in the back of a creek out of the wind, most was 72-74. Wish me luck at the ramp tomorrow--will be fine launching early, coming in may be a different story.....
    It stayed nice enough for you to finish the day with no weather drama. How did it go?

6. Member
    Weather was nice, albeit a little toasty when the wind died down. Stayed in grass all day, better fish in Belmont but water was very stained. Greenway had a ton of small fish, just look for them attacking baitfish. Fished slower most of the, not much action on moving baits. On the water at 6 from Pohick, off about 1230. No ramp follies!

Thanks for the report Ron!

Rick Elrod

Braved the onslaught and went to hope springs at 6am. Caught a few, I am still a student of the area. Water was 82.5 in the creek when I left 2pm. Clear water near banks but stained to what I would call 12in.

Main river to mallows, mainly clear of flotsam, but near the accomac wreck, there was considerable debris field, big and small.

it was nice on the river - no one was out today and they ate

Hitting the River Sat. Can anyone clue me in on water conditions/color/debris etc?
    Thanks,
    Rick Elrod

Rick Elrod

11. Member
    How was it today?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

I saw that the gauge at little falls shot up within a few hours past 6.5ft.

13. mikesxpress
    Rapp was cresting at 6.9' and 13' is full flood stage.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-04-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    How was it today?
    Stained mostly. Cleaner up in Piscataway. Even a place I found clean water in Belmont a couple weeks ago was muddied up. Some good bags were caught yesterday. Just not by me.

Rick Elrod

15. Member
    Up early, out before Fathers Day stuff. Water clarity is decent in the grass in and near creeks, main river much more stained in grass. Still lots of floaters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12