Thread: Autochart Live

Autochart Live

Hi all, I am having some issues with a Helix 9 gen1 when mapping, when I start recording, The map starts to draw to the left hand side of the track line, if I turn the boat 180° the map draws on the right hand side, is this a GPS setting issue or is this normal behaviour of Autochart live, I just assumed it would draw the map smack bang in the middle of the track line,i can get the map to draw directly in front if I move the boat to a 45° angle, hope I am making sense to you all, thanks in advance
    Des

2. Member
    Map should split right down the center of the boat. It switches sides when you turn the boat, like it only wants to show a map to the west if your heading is 0 degrees and you turn to backtrack at 180? And centers itself if you run 45 and 225, am I getting that right?

3. Member
    Yes, that's what I thought should happen, mine maps out to the side of the boat, is there some setting that needs changing do you know,thanks for the reply

4. Member
    I sure hope not, I’d be sure to hit that setting by mistake sometime and get confused. If one of the gurus here doesn’t have an answer it try customer support.

5. Member
    OK thanks

6. Member
    Here is a picture from today,if anyone could shed some light on a resolution i would be most grateful

Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Have you tried resetting factory defaults? Maybe that would wipe out whatever glitch you've got going on.

8. Member
    Maybe this? From page 93 of owner's manual :

Apply an Offset to the Map (optional)
    Use Set Map Offset to move the chart position on-screen and correct a position error in the cartography. This setting setting applies
    to all charts, not just the chart that requires correction.
    NOTE: This feature is not available with Humminbird LakeMaster map cards.
    1. Display a Chart View on-screen.
    2. Use the Cursor Control key to move the cursor to the position where the map offset will be applied.
    3. Main Menu (Advanced User Mode): Press the MENU key twice. Select the Chart tab.
    4. Select Set Map Offset.
    5. Press the RIGHT Cursor key.
    6. Follow the on-screen prompts.
    Clear Map Offset: Select Main Menu (Advanced User Mode) > Chart tab > Clear Map Offset.

9. Member
    Tried factory defaults,i didn't see map offset anywhere in my chart menu,will have another look next week,that sounds as if it would fix the problem,thanks for that info,much appreciated

10. Member
    Just an update for anyone intetested,the good folks in customer service sorted out the problem for me,they reckoned there was a corrupt nav file, so they had me export all my nav data and then format the nav directory,that done the trick, now I have a load of dud maps on my zero lines card, What is the procedure for deleting acl maps from zero lines card,anyone know?
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Plummet View Post
    Just an update for anyone intetested,the good folks in customer service sorted out the problem for me,they reckoned there was a corrupt nav file, so they had me export all my nav data and then format the nav directory,that done the trick, now I have a load of dud maps on my zero lines card, What is the procedure for deleting acl maps from zero lines card,anyone know?
    Thanks guys

You will have files that are .ACU with a number that has the year/month/day and file number:

Example of a couple I have:
    17081400.ACU is the first file I created that day.
    17081401.ACU is the second file I created that day.

Just select each one and delete it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Perfect, thanks a million,much appreciated
    Des