Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 P4 Questions? Rick Peirce or anyone from Basscat family on here?

Hi All

Just sold my 1999 Basscat P3 after 18 years of ownership was a true pleasure with minimal issues over those years..Been awhile since Ive posted on here

Looking at a new to me 2013 PIV DC with Merc 200xs "Advantage Elite package"..low hours, would appreciate any help I can get

Wondering if 2nd console can be removed?

Anyone modify a prop on their P4 with any noticeable difference and if so, where did you have the work done? Ive used "Rich Boger" years back as well as the other prop guys on here..

Any negatives about this model? What does the "Advantage Elite package" come with?

Would like to ask anyone from Basscat if they know of this boat and any history on it..send me private message or email me direct if need be

Thanks in advance for any info/help

Mike Richard
    mrichardplumbing@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRichard2016; 05-19-2018 at 07:23 AM.

This search should give you lot of options.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...5D=63&start=40

if not then run your own search on the Owners Board for ‘console’ (or) ‘removal’ and you will find options.

3. Member
    Console can be removed. Taking your time removing the urethane and it will be barely noteable other than the 6 bolt .250" bolt holes which can be plugged with some rubber plugs.. ronnie gilbert is a favorite on props for the bcb hulls. He worked my 13 p2 and helped lift and midrange considerably.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Thanks guys..got it

Any other info on advantage elite package etc..?

Nobody has any info or anything to add?

I ran a Croxton worked Fury 3 24 pitch on an 09 PIV, it was a great prop on that boat. The PIV fishes well, rides like a 20 footer.

The Advantage series has different latches, seating, plastic parts in areas. Some are less on pumps, no lighted boxes, horn quality, switching options, trailer add ons, fuel tanks, and a few more whistles and bells.

A 2013 has the same resins throughout, though newer boats have a special blend and Premium models are full Vinyl Ester.

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Nobody has any info or anything to add?
    Thanks..I had a prop worked by "Croxton" very happy !

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The Advantage series has different latches, seating, plastic parts in areas. Some are less on pumps, no lighted boxes, horn quality, switching options, trailer add ons, fuel tanks, and a few more whistles and bells.
    Thanks..Ok, so does the 2013 P4 with this package have lighted boxes,alarm etc..?

I have a 2014 P4 Advantage Elite and yes it has all those things

Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    I have a 2014 P4 Advantage Elite and yes it has all those things
    Thanks bud..I just sold my 99 P3 which I had for 18+ years

How do you like your P4?

I had a prop worked by Mr. Croxton. He did a fantastic job. I’ve never used Mr. Gilbert so I can’t comment.

Sorry I accidentally put wrong year...mine is a 2012 but still has all that stuff. I like it a lot. It’s my first Basscat but will not be my last. Really no complaints other than the center console/step box. I’m just not a fan of that wooden carpeted box. It looks like it is an afterthought on Basscats. Would look so much better with a molded fiberglass center console.

Ditto... we got the carpeted storage box.

Amazingly it’s one of the high sale items for other brands of Boats in our parts department. Thus it is preferred by many as a cost efficient solution to a center area between the seats.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-23-2018 at 07:59 AM.

I love my 2013 PIV. It's a single console. I run the prop it came with. Memory fails me right now and don't have time to look this morning. Very Stable both riding and fishing. I'm a big guy and can't make boats move usually but not this one.

Edit: I'm running a Mercury Fury 25.
    Last edited by Bobcat55; 06-13-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

17. Member
    That box between the seats is much tougher and ergonomic than it appears. Carylab you have direct experience and don't like it. and I wouldn't try to change your opinion. I wasn't excited about it at first. And in a perfect world I would prefer a nice molded in fiberglass step box with that rubberized top like many newer Rangers I've been in have. But it is tougher than it looks. And it's nice to have the extra cooler underneath it. I'm just saying I wouldn't let if be a reason to stay out of a Cat given all the other qualities.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    That box between the seats is much tougher and ergonomic than it appears. Carylab you have direct experience and don't like it. and I wouldn't try to change your opinion. I wasn't excited about it at first. And in a perfect world I would prefer a nice molded in fiberglass step box with that rubberized top like many newer Rangers I've been in have. But it is tougher than it looks. And it's nice to have the extra cooler underneath it. I'm just saying I wouldn't let if be a reason to stay out of a Cat given all the other qualities.
    I agree with kev.
    But I’ve also had to fix mine. It is still top item on my list as below par/ needs improvement.
    i wish it was built just as the seats. With a frame and stronger attachment to the glass. The poprivets arnt a great idea.

Im thinking of making one that has a removable cushion. Or that you can fold the cushion forward to the floor. Revealing the current box under it. But mount it on the same type frame as the seats.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Thanks for the info guys...she is home now 2013 P4 Advantage Elite Package with 78 hours on it..still trying to find the time to get it on the water!

Also, having issue where security alarm sounds off for no reason? Was putting cover on and it went off..other site/post from BCB says possible water/moisture in switch. I see the push button switches on glass under the lids, is that the switch?

Any way to test each one? And is it possible it went off due to vibration with me shaking boat to put on cover?

20. BBC SPONSOR
    wheres a pic of this beauty?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast