Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    So there are significant internal differences that result in different performance? As an example, what make the Seapro more durable than a ProXS and what makes it have better acceleration and speed?
    Not Don, but most likely Stainless steel parts in place of some carbon steel. EX: steering tube, lower unit drive shaft, and transom mount.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Differences can include most anything- some of the more common are the PCM calibration, exhaust, gear ratio, RPM range and limits, hardware, mounts (just to name a few). With the wide number of models released, differences will vary from one comparison to another, and there may be other differences not noted.

No definitive and exhaustive "list" has been released to my knowledge.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    I think it's funny. The cost difference to manufacture and produce a 200 pro xs V8 vs a 250 Pro xs V8 is $0 I'm sure. Just a computer and some small parts. But you'll pay thousands more for the 250 over the 200.
    i am pretty sure that the more power you pump out of the same thing = less life and more warranty claims, so the increase in cost can be to cover the warranty...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12