Javelin venom 17 wiring

I have a 2001 javelin 17 venom. It has a 12 volt trolling motor on it and I'm wanting to put a 24 volt on it. What all do I need to change? Will the wiring have to be changed?

Post your question here...http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128

More than likely John Jones will answer because he pretty much takes care of all the technical questions in that forum. He rebuilds/repairs/sells/installs trolling motors so he knows his stuff. I would let him know what size AWG wire you have so he can best answer your question.

6ga wire is pretty standard for TM’s today. Other than that, you’ll need an equal size wire to connect your second battery in series with the first. Check what size wire you have now, it might be 6ga.

To to set it all up, your negative TM wire will connect to the negative post on battery 1, jumper from positive post on battery 1 to negative post on battery 2, then positive TM wire will connect to a circuit breaker, then from the breaker to positive post on battery 2. Make sure to use an appropriate size breaker for the TM you choose and mount it as close to the positive post that you can.

It’s really not hard to set up, depending on whether or not you have to run new wire to the front. Even then it might not be bad depending on how tight the old wire is attached along the way. Most likely you can use the old wire to pull the new thru.