No Power to Transducer Prompt

So last night I had a weird scenario going on. At the launch I discovered that I was dead on arrival. After about an hour of troubleshooting I discovered a short in the ignition area that was smoking the main fuse every time I tried to turn the key. But before I got there I messed around with a lot of connections/fuses etc. Another thing I tried was switching batteries to ensure I didn't have a dead battery. This meant unhooking all the connections at both batteries.

Now the issue. Once i got everything squared away and hooked back up, I got on the water, powered up my 73SV and it went through the booting process and to the main menu. When I hit SONAR I got a pop up prompt saying "There is no power connected to the transducer". I'm pretty certain it has something to do with me fiddling around with everything but I'm a little confused, doesn't the transducer go straight into the unit? Either it's connected or it's not right? I checked the connecting at the unit and everything looks fine. Is there some sort of secondary connection or fuse I should be looking at? Like I said everything else works on it, just not the sonar/ducer.

Thanks

2. Member
    That sound very odd. there is only one connection for the transducer. Do you have a friend that has same unit. You might try yours on theirs.

3. Member
    Well this was quite odd, so just posting resolution here in case anyone else comes across this. As stated above, I had a prompt saying power to the transducer was disconnected. I traced all the lines back and found the connections were all good. I then took my ice transducer and connected that and it worked fine. So I plugged everything back in and seems to be working fine now. It almost seems like it needed a signal from a different transducer to “jump start” it. I tried disconnecting and connecting the cv40 several times with no luck. It only worked after I connected the ice ducer.

4. Member
    Sounds like you need to update the unit software.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.