In hull transducer

For those of you that have an in hull transducer where is it mounted.

Mine took a crap and for the life Of me I cannot get the old one out. The main problem is there is such tight quarters I can't get very good leverage or a heat gun to heat up the old epoxy like I did on my last boat.

So my initial thought process was to just cut the old wire and stick the new transducer down right next to it.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. Member

USA

That's what I would do. And may have to soon.

3. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Some folks have used a hammer to knock out the old one, and others used your idea of area near original

4. Member
    I know what you guys are talking about mine in my tr20 did not crap out its still in (lorance) it is right between the LW. Got to stand on your head to get to it. I bought hb i put on the port side in a 2 1/2" coulping siliconed the edges of the coupling drop the trandsucer in the coupling if you have a puck transducer and just add water it works if it goes just lift out.

I was able to get it out. I had to take out my oil jug,pp pumps, battery charger, and the shelf that it all sat on.... what a pain in the azz

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. Member
    I used the water filled baggie method to find the best spot after mine shot craps. I left the old one in.

What is the water filled bag method

... Inquiring minds want to know
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

See post #2. Method used to find the best location for a bilge mounted transducer before mounting with epoxy. Will work for all brands.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172972
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870