Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe buying 2018 Nitro Z19 opinions welcomed

So I am just your average weekend fisherman, i currently own a 1988 skeeter sf175sx, with the basic cheap and old electronics, it is a good boat though, I have replaced the transom, other than that no other issues, I am considering buying a 2018 z19 major league boat I have inspected and operated it and love the storage and everything about it compared to my current one, in the end the discision is mine I know, but I am curious what others think...., am I getting more than I really need at this point? I can afford to finance the boat that is no problem, I’d like to join a club eventually and get as serious about bass fishing as I can during my non work free time, what do y’all think? Upgrade my current boats electronics and such?, Upgrade to a newer used boat? Or go for the most part a new and loaded boat with a warranty? I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to bass fishing, but I am not a newbie when it comes to boating, so please don’t be too harsh if anyone chooses to be, thanks!

2. Member
    That is a nice boat and you will love it. Compare shop as much as you can. Look at as many 19-ft boats as possible prior to making your purchase. Then you will know which one is the right one for you!

3. Member
    You only go around once and you can't take it ($$$) with you. If your family is being well taken care of...It's your life-live it!

4. Member
    The nitro boats are really good solid boats. Up here in SD most newer boats are nitro's and they hold up really well to the pounding they get put through in the rough water up here. I spoke with a couple ranger die hards and both have said the nitros might be there next boat. The build quality has greatly improved over the years. They do not have all the bling which make them cost a little less but in the end does one need bling to catch a bass. I would say go for it and enjoy the crap out of having a nice boat and great equipment on it.

5. Member
    I currently own a Z6 and I too have decided I need a Z19, lots of boat for the $$$$. My only question is when will the new V6 4 stroke be available? Do I want the last of the Opti's on my new boat? Thoughts?

6. Member
    Make sure you have a place close that you trust to service the engine.Seems like it is getting harder to find a qualified mechanic you can trust.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    Make sure you have a place close that you trust to service the engine.Seems like it is getting harder to find a qualified mechanic you can trust.
    This is absolutely #1. Other than that the z19 would be a great boat for the family.

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Check other brands. Lots of good boats out there now. To be honest, if I was going to purchase a new boat now I don't have a clue which one I'd end up with. Not to bash, but I would look at other boats first. I think I would definitely wait for the new Mercury's too.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

9. Member
    I choose a 4 stroke as much as the boat. Went with a 250 sho yammy because Merc had not announced theirs and even if they did I think production on new engines takes a couple of years to get kinks out. My $0.02 worth.

Go for it....

if if you want to consider another line, take a look at Bass Cat's Pantera II or Pantera Classic.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Go for it....

if if you want to consider another line, take a look at Bass Cat's Pantera II or Pantera Classic.
    Agree 10000% I just bought a Pantera 2. My first Bass Cat. I can say it is my favorite bought I have owned.
    Brad Krone

12. Member
    New or slightly used Basscat Pantera. The hull has a lifetime warranty and the customer service is top notch.

13. Member
    If you like it and can afford it. I say buy it. I have a few guys in my bass club that run Nitros and they love them.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

If that's the boat you like, go for it. Nothing wrong with Nitro and it would make a good family fishing boat. Contrary to what some people on here think, it's ok to work hard and reward yourself sometimes.

I have never owned a Nitro, but fished out of a few of them. I agree with others that say---- nothing wrong with them.
    Other 19 fters to consider

BCB-- Pantera Classic, Pantera II
    Charger 296
    Phoenix

16. Member
    I bought a 2018 z19 in February. I came out of a Skeeter zx225, which is a little less than a foot longer. The ride in my Skeeter was a bit better however my Nitro fishes bigger, being a single console and wider than the Skeeter. I am overall pleased with the swap. The ProXS is miles ahead of the HPDI I had in terms of fuel economy. I will likely buy Nitro again.

17. Member
    You will really like it get it with proxs 200 will run great come right up out the hole we've sold quit fu at or dealership they ride n fish good lots storage

18. Member
    I would not buy new. you loose too much money. I would buy a 4-6 year old boat and buy it rigged out to how you want it rigged out, and you'll be much happier knowing you won't loose 20k when you pull, it home. Since you already have a boat, you can take your time to find the right one.

19. Member
    vexus glass boats coming soon

20. Member
    You already answered your question with “I love it.” Most of us have had several brands. We loved them when we had them. That’s all that matters. Get it and enjoy.

If you love your Skeeter they have a heck of a deal on the ZX190 right now.

https://www.skeeterboats.com/Skeeter-Boat.php?id=53

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast