04 efi 150 low spark to cylinder 6

I have low to no spark at #6 cylinder pull coil wires to each cylinder and noticable change in each cylinder but #6 .So I put #2coil in the 6 hole and the number 6 coil in the 2 hole 2hole when unplugged had noticable difference but 6 hole still seams dead also swapped spark plugs between 2&6 with 6 still dead to low spark. Checked all wires and connections all look good what next.Also when running boat can only get 4800 rpm out of her at 52mph 91 168 champion with 25 tempest.Compression good on all cylinders motor has 40 hrs on it new not rebuilt. What else can I check!!!!

2. Member
    trace green wire to switch box make sure its not broken or breakin, replace that box
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Will try that thanks.

4. Member
    My model doesn't have switchboxs but wire is solid to ecu.

5. Member
    #6 SPARK PLUG IS WET AND FOULED ALL OTHERS LOOK THE SAME WITH LOW SPARK AND RICH FUEL TO #6 WOULD MY ECU BE BAD.

6. Banned
    No, not the ecu but perhaps a fuel injector is rich or flooding. The Siemens injectors tend to run rich sometiems and may need prefessional service especially if motor was unused for long period of time.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also possible the injector harness is shorting inside the intake. Common problem.

Please be sure to review the Forum Announcements, and provide Serial Number when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    check trigger make sure the connections are good at controller ,may have broken reed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    Motor was sitting a while had to clean svt smelled like ether motor cold starts fine after warm up and sits for a while hard to start down on rpm by 800 rpm wot .Pulled plugs and #6 is wet .So I am thinking injectors need to be cleaned or replaced from sitting up recent compression test was solid 130/135 all cylinders.

10. Member
    when you pull front off please do a visual on all reeds

11. Member
    WILL DO WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO PUT SOME PERFORMANCE REEDS IN!!

12. Member
    sho would