Thread: Tree Problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    $10,000 sounds way to high. Just hope it falls, hit the house and let insurance take care of it. Or, get a better price and take care of it.
    Ive had 3 quotes... 10k was the cheapest. That was with grinding the stump out as well. He mentioned I could leave it at head level for less but it wasn't that much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I feel your pain.

I have a water maple in my back yard that's gigantic. I received a few quotes to remove it and the cheapest was 10k. I guess it will be staying.
    $9k and I’ll be there tomorrow

10,000 you could clear cut an acre for that price
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Learned that from trying to use my Dad's old Mac 10-10. It wouldn't be so bad with a compression release. It either rips the pull cord out of my hand, or doesn't fire at all.
    My first big saw back in the '70s.
    Yup, you truly learned the hard way.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead399 View Post
    10,000 you could clear cut an acre for that price
    I'm sure you could... If that acre didn't have a house or fences or power lines or cable lines or the neighbors house and neighbors pool and neighbors RV enclosure etc.

This is not a tree you just cut down. If you just cut it down it would either be on top of my house.. the neighbors house beside me, or into the neighbors yard behind me

Maybe I just called a few guys who didn't want to do the work and gave me a crazy estimate. I kinda don't think that's the case as they were all in the same ballpark for just trimming the limbs above the house (800.00).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12