Thread: Old vs New

Old vs New

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    actually that’s not impressive. I was expecting way more.

3. Member
    Sounds like solid numbers to me with a full tournament load

4. Member
    I was not expecting more because legally you can only have 250 hp plus 10% and it is the same weight as the 2 stroke 250. And that was impressive to me using only 4 blade props (except to the pro Yanaha and Evinrude detractors lol). What it does give you much better holeshot and mid range. But I do wonder what it would do with a 3 blade prop on a 625.
    Last edited by Sports1; 05-21-2018 at 08:02 AM.

5. Member
    The data doesn't show better holeshot. Also because of the torque I would think it should turn a bigger prop which is where more speed should come from.

6. Member
    There have been other reports where people drove the boats with those engines indicating better hole shot. Either case I believe it will whip a SHO’s behind and it costs less.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    The data doesn't show better holeshot. Also because of the torque I would think it should turn a bigger prop which is where more speed should come from.
    That's what the SHO's did for me on my Blazers and I was expecting the same with new Merc but lets be honest, I doubt the boat was set up to the level that you and I could Chad.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    That's what the SHO's did for me on my Blazers and I was expecting the same with new Merc but lets be honest, I doubt the boat was set up to the level that you and I could Chad.
    No doubt. I would love to get my hands on a 625 and go through it setup wise to see what I could get out of one.

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I would think, with the right set up and driver, and if the motor delivers on the torque like the SHO does it should be a mid 80s rig.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    No doubt. I would love to get my hands on a 625 and go through it setup wise to see what I could get out of one.
    You can make that happen Coota! Just a little time and money!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

11. Member
    I hear ya Coupe. I'm curious, so was this boat rigged with a 2-stroke, then a 4-stroke or we talking two separate boats, one with 2-stroke and one with 4-stroke?