'03 Ficht 225 EMM diagnosis/repair - any recent service reviews?

Leaning towards Marine Computer Supply but also considering DFI. After considerable research and strong recommendations from this site, I'm finally convinced that my "Check Engine", "Hot", and "No Oil" lights on requires EMM service.

Aggravated that my research and SELOC DIY manual does not identify the "three fingers salute" condition - no mention whatsoever for diagnosis, trouble-shooting. Brief rant over.

Thanks...

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sealoc manuals are better than Clymers but ain't all that. That's why you should always use the factory manual. But if you don't have EVdiags you are really pee'n into the wind. MCS has a good rep as does DFI.

3. Member
    Thanks. Any idea on where I can get the proper EVdiags software and cable? Like my autos, i'd really like to be able to scan it to be well informed before seeking repairs, etc. Couldn't discern whether this is available to the consumer? Saw various offers on eBay but its was unclear whether the software was legitimate and which version would actually communicate with my motor. Unfortunately, there is not any apparent factory service on the Ficht within 2 hour drive. Thanks again...

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I have seen posts that the Ebay version seems to work but it comes from an Eastern block country. You can roll the dice. BRP parts page says to contact your dealer, as it is proprietary software I have no idea what level the Ebay version is.

If the diags is not reading the EMM but motor is on would that be a bad EMM? The software I have worked before on another motor but plugged into a diff motor it's not reading the EMM. I purchased the software from eBay.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    My local boat dealer who is an independent has software to read these motors and newer that he gets through one of his aftermarket suppliers. So you would think that there would be a legitimate aftermarket source for this.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

There are a few aftermarket software packages for Evinrude, Merc, Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki and most are over a $1K. Sierra has one for about $4K complete. The best one I've tried is the CDI MEDS program, it is really good for an independent shop. It runs over $1000.

http://www.cdielectronics.com/meds-m...stic-software/
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !