New to humminbird, upgrade advice

Hi all, just bought a boat with 2014 humminbird 757ci’s I think...like something a tad bit larger but don’t want to mess with running new wires, transducers if possible...what larger units would share same wiring etc?

[B][I]Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jefrobie View Post
    Hi all, just bought a boat with 2014 humminbird 757ci’s I think...like something a tad bit larger but don’t want to mess with running new wires, transducers if possible...what larger units would share same wiring etc?
    The 757c is a 2D unit. Current models that use the same transducer and power cord are Helix Sonar units or Helix CHIRP units.
    You have a choice of a 5", 7", 9", 10", and 12" display.
    Example: Helix 5 CHIRP G2, HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2

There are a lot of legacy models that apply also from 3" up to 10" displays.

When shopping for a unit, pay attention to the entire model name which would not include DI or SI that will not work with your parts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    That helps...checked on units again...they are both 757 c and say GPS on them however there is also a stand-alone GPS puck? They are also interlinked to share side scan it looks like...I was told by a salesman that the new Helix stuff has different power cables, transducers etc....

[B][I]Jeff

That helps...checked on units again...they are both 757 c and say GPS on them however there is also a stand-alone GPS puck? They are also interlinked to share side scan it looks like...I was told by a salesman that the new Helix stuff has different power cables, transducers etc....
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    My bad! Just put my glasses on and the console unit is a 797c2 unit. Now what are my options?

[B][I]Jeff

My bad! Just put my glasses on and the console unit is a 797c2 unit. Now what are my options?
    Other than my PM reply, check the 797 for the SI frequency it has. If you have 455 kHz, any newer model other than a MEGA SI unit can use it.
    If the frequency is 262 kHz, some of the models with numbers ending in 8 can use it. Those were discontinued about 5 years ago.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yup Wayne the 797c2 SI was exactly the same as the 798ci SI except a 640x480LCD like the 6xx units.

Runs a stock cSI XDCR and does 455 kHz SI; do not recall a 262 kHz option at all.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/