Thread: Squeaky lids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Had the same issue (2018 721), took a bottle of Pledge furniture polish and sprayed the corners and underside of lids with it pretty heavy and wiped themexcess off. Took two rounds but now it's good.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I agree its a pain - that said a number of other brands I have been in squeak also. I did find a fix.
    This tape is clear so you wont' see it and leaves no residue when/if you take it off. Has completely eliminated the lid squeaking for me.
    https://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-T9...70_&dpSrc=srch
    i purchased some of this tape and installed around main lid as a test. Squeak is gone thx for the tip

3. Member
    i got rid of my squeaks by vacuuming the lid edges and the channels and valleys where they rest. Then i used a damp microfiber and cleaned the channels. I found a ton of grit and grime on the hinge side. Squeaks gone.

4. Banned
    Phoenix called me and said the squeaks are likely caused by the mold release agent they use. Suggested I clean with acetone. And let them know if I still have leaks. Nothing is perfect but I am impressed at how Phoenix customer takes care of its purchasers

5. Member
    As far as my PHX goes. I thought the squeaky lids was a real issue with the battery and center storage lids. Both those lids have the floating trays. When I removed them the squeaking stopped. The tray rests on the lip of the deck. I know not always the cause for the squeaking but def. was in mine.

Stirring up an old topic. My lids are squeaking big time lately. It's almost embarrassing. I think I overwaxed the boat at the beginning of the season.
    I'm planning on getting some of the weather sealing tape mentioned here. Has anyone found a better solution?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    Stirring up an old topic. My lids are squeaking big time lately. It's almost embarrassing. I think I overwaxed the boat at the beginning of the season.
    I'm planning on getting some of the weather sealing tape mentioned here. Has anyone found a better solution?
    Wipe the area down with rubbing alcohol and see If that helps. If not, spray some type of lube on a rag and wipe it down in the channels. I spray some reelsnot on it

I still find that this window seal tape easily fixes the problem 100%. Sprays didn’t last long for me. Cheap, you can’t see it and easily comes off with no residue if you don’t like it.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    Where do you apply the tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I still find that this window seal tape easily fixes the problem 100%. Sprays didn’t last long for me. Cheap, you can’t see it and easily comes off with no residue if you don’t like it.
    This is the deal! It works great.
    I put it where the place that the carpet from the lid rests on when closed. Instant silence.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    Mine didn’t squeak til this year (5 years old), had a brain cramp and waxes the deck under the kids. They were horrible after that. I used alcohol, acetone, just about everything you can think of, nothing stop it. I put furniture leg pads in a few spots and it stopped. All of my front deck lids were squeaking.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12