Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

New Product Info from Mercury Marine (as it comes out on official channels)

Meet the all-new Pro XS lineup!
    Face it . . . you’re a speed freak! Whether wide-open throttle gets you to the fish first, or it’s simply the only throttle level you can tolerate, you believe first and foremost in going as fast as your boat can go. Meet the new V-8 200, 225, 250 and 300hp Pro XS outboards. An impressive 4.6 liters of displacement and low weight will rocket you out of the hole, and a quad-cam design and Transient Spark technology destroy the competition with blistering top-end speed.

Go fishing. Go racing. Just go fast, with a new Mercury V-8 Pro XS.

ProXS Models

ProXS Model Comparisons

Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-18-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    What about the racing?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    First "tidbit" on the racing models in this video- More tomorrow.

Fresh off the press:

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Looks like almost all of the rumors proved to be true

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Many did... many didn't. And some still to be decided.

The verado lineup is very interesting, keeping the l6 for the 350, and going v8 on 250/300! Assuming the extra 95 lbs on the verado 250/300 compared to the 250/300 proxs are due to different midsection? The info doesnt say supercharged tho..

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    AMS (Advanced Mid Section) is where the weight comes into play.

8. Member
    AMS is more than the 4 mounts I hope? If not then that means each of the mounts weigh 25lbs for a total of 100lbs heavier than pro xs? Or maybe the casing is beefier too

9. Banned
    Gurus, same gearcase ratio as before. Will a prop swap be an option or will guys have to re-prop? Or is it too early to tell.

Supposedly they run 25 fury on nitro z20 Optimax proxs, and a 23 fury on 250proxs 4 stroke... been verified to be correct prop, but not ran yet on the customers boat
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member

Twistin em up to 6200 , probably would need a smaller pitch. Should be better holeshot

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Twistin em up to 6200 , probably would need a smaller pitch. Should be better holeshot
    I was thinking that V-8 would have way more torque than the current 2 stroke pro xs especially down low and midrange. Should be able to run the same of a higher pitch prop.

Good point, i cant wait to see some real world results. I wont be buying one in the near future, but my old champion will need repowered someday

15. Member
    Will we know anything about break-in informations today? Particularly the ProXS V8 line?

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    AMS is more than the 4 mounts I hope? If not then that means each of the mounts weigh 25lbs for a total of 100lbs heavier than pro xs? Or maybe the casing is beefier too
    Absolutely- AMS (Advanced Mid Section) is the Midsection that originally premiered on the 6 cylinder Supercharged Verado. It includes a unique cradle and pedestal, with integrated steering and trim (more info to follow later on this).

Grout-scout and FishySam: These engines utilize ASC (Adaptive Speed Control), a technology that originated on the new Sterndrive engines a few years ago. Propping is VERY different from engines of yester-year, though in many cases, you will be within 2 pitch points of previous engine platforms (combining the higher torque offered by these models, there are many variables to consider). Correctly propping the engine requires use of the G3 Computer Diagnostic System to monitor various parameters (at least until a specific model's benchmark has been established).

Adaptive Speed Control:

• Mercury exclusive patented technology
    • Increases throttle response and delivers “sportier” feel to the driver
    • Only outboard that maintains RPM regardless of load or condition changes

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KPFishing View Post
    Will we know anything about break-in informations today? Particularly the ProXS V8 line?
    Break-In information will be up when it's available (may not be today).

18. Banned
    No big surprises, for me anyway.
    Big displacement for big torque and long life.
    Kudos to Mercury for shaving weight down to an unexpectedly low level.
    The only surprise for me is that the supercharged Verado 350 is still in the lineup.

19. Member
    Looking at specs, the differences in HP comes from computer I’m assuming????

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Primarily, yes (there may be some other subtle differences, PCM 112 Calibration would be a primary difference). This new-to-outboard PCM is light-years ahead of those previously used (with new adaptive strategies).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast