Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Will it be plug and play compatible with DFI Opti as far as hook up!

Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    Will the 300R use the old 3 liter gear cases or will it be a hole new lower unit.
    I bet the driveshaft is different. Other than that, it appears to be the same

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    Will the 300R use the old 3 liter gear cases or will it be a hole new lower unit.
    Requires the Gen-2 TM, or a Verado-Style Gearcase. All are ELECTRONIC shift and throttle (even the Mechanical Control models).

Quote Originally Posted by TB21
    Will it be plug and play compatible with DFI Opti as far as hook up!
    "Repower Kits" will be available to adapt wiring (new throttle and shift cables will be necessary for Mechanical engine Repowers). In general, rigging harnesses and Throttle/Shift cables will be FIVE (5') Feet longer to reach the rigging area of the engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Don, it seems like although the HP is same compared to the 2 stroke/Verado. These new V8 torque numbers are going to blow its previous gen numbers out the water... along w competition... spark advance... instant holeshot!! I’m assuming top end will be roughly be same but the acceleration is going to be insane?

How easy/or not will a swap from 250 Optimax to the new 250 pro xs 4 stroke?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post

Good question. Who will be the guinea pig?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    Don, it seems like although the HP is same compared to the 2 stroke/Verado. These new V8 torque numbers are going to blow its previous gen numbers out the water... along w competition... spark advance... instant holeshot!! I’m assuming top end will be roughly be same but the acceleration is going to be insane?
    That's the general "gist"- those who have run them indicate it's a whole new experience.

Not just a game changer.... the game just got "REAL".

Quote Originally Posted by dean c
    Not bad at all- steering can be utilized, as can the controls and most of the cables. Repower "kits" are available to extend harnesses the additional 5' in length required (throttle and shift cables would need to be changed).

We've already got the new lifting sling ready to go.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Banned
    The Sportmaster is shown as an option for the 250/300R
    http://www.mercuryracing.com/wp-cont...R_05_14_18.pdf

9. Member

10. Member
    What is the prop-shaft torque number? I dont see these figures for any of the engines all I see are "xx% more"

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Good question. Who will be the guinea pig?
    I'll have mine within a week or so. Shipping was pushed back from the 14th to the 21st

12. Member
    Greetings Don and thanks for answering questions of inquiring minds. Can you tell me if the 250R will have solid motor mounts? I heard the 300R did and 250R didn't.
    Thanks in advance. Jeff

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurky509 View Post
    What is the prop-shaft torque number? I dont see these figures for any of the engines all I see are "xx% more"
    No numbers have been provided (that's not something Mercury has provided, traditionally- it's found via Dyno-Testing, usually by a 3rd Party).

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody22 View Post
    Greetings Don and thanks for answering questions of inquiring minds. Can you tell me if the 250R will have solid motor mounts? I heard the 300R did and 250R didn't.
    Thanks in advance. Jeff
    250R has Tri-Ram Midsection with High-Durometer Upper Mount, Solid Lower Mounts.

300R is the same.

300R-HD is completely different mid/mounts.
    Tri-Ram Midsection with

High-Durometer Upper Mount and

Solid Lower Mounts

15. Member
    I’m having a hard time understanding what the biggest differences are between Pro XS and racing... it seems hardware and cams improved in racing and different lower units for diff applications for the R version... why not just opt for racing version in these new lines for bass boats? I’m thinking price diff maybe a few thousand,. I know Info is minimal right now but those two subclasses are very similar on paper

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That's the general "gist"- those who have run them indicate it's a whole new experience.

Not just a game changer.... the game just got "REAL".

Not bad at all- steering can be utilized, as can the controls and most of the cables. Repower "kits" are available to extend harnesses the additional 5' in length required (throttle and shift cables would need to be changed).

We've already got the new lifting sling ready to go.

Thank you...will be very interested in the cost of the new 250 pro xs

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I’m having a hard time understanding what the biggest differences are between Pro XS and racing... it seems hardware and cams improved in racing and different lower units for diff applications for the R version... why not just opt for racing version in these new lines for bass boats? I’m thinking price diff maybe a few thousand,. I know Info is minimal right now but those two subclasses are very similar on paper
    They are very similar- APPLICATION is different. And Racing permits the multiple Racing Gearcase options be available.

More subtle differences would be in the PCM Calibrations and Strategies. These PCM 112 Calibrations are LIGHT YEARS ahead of what we've been running recently.

18. Member
    What makes you think this, is it the increase in displacement?

These new V8 torque numbers are going to blow its previous gen numbers out the water... along w competition... spark advance... instant holeshot!!
    Last edited by leo13; 05-18-2018 at 01:15 PM.

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leo13 View Post
    What makes you think this, is it the increase in displacement?
    Test info shown in documentation, and overall increases in Torque (depending on the model, anywhere from 10-40% increase in torque).

20. Member
    I saw 3 year warranty on the racing, what is the warranty on the PRO xs engines?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast