Helix 7 sonar only install on ultrex

I am waning to install a sonar only unit up front on my ultrex, likely the helix 7. I currently have a 787c. I just had my ultrex installed 2 weeks ago and the second time out my sonar wire got clipped in the ultrex mount 🙄. My local shop gave me another adaptor wire to get me back going. I guess my question is will the helix 7 hook up just like my 787 was?

Which one of the over a dozen Helix 7 models?????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Sorry about that. The one i am looking at is the Helix 7 G2 Sonar.

OK, yes you can use the US2 just like you did with the 787. Same Humminbird 7 pin adapter---MKR-US2-8
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Wayne, thanks for your feedback. Is there a better unit for the money than the Helix 7 G2 Sonar only? I really dont need anything too fancy up front, as i am just using it for vertical crappie fishing. I have my SI on the console I use to locate the tops, and run over in down scan to see details. My 787 did perfect, no really need to change other than i just want to... ha

Quote Originally Posted by DrahthaarDog1 View Post
    Wayne, thanks for your feedback. Is there a better unit for the money than the Helix 7 G2 Sonar only? I really dont need anything too fancy up front, as i am just using it for vertical crappie fishing. I have my SI on the console I use to locate the tops, and run over in down scan to see details. My 787 did perfect, no really need to change other than i just want to... ha
    If you just want 2D sonar at the bow, one screen size is just as good as any other size. Just don't have the choice of not having GPS with the H9, H10, and H12.
    A model with GPS would be more useful for fishing brushpile waypoints so you don't have to be directly above them to fish them. Use the Casting Rings feature adjusted to the distance you want to position the boat from one and cast to the center of the ring.
    This is using the 30' Casting Ring setting:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL