Triton 18 tx with 115 pro xs command thrust

I am new to the forum guys and have been reading up on props for this boat. It came with a 19 p black max aluminum prop from my dealer and I am wanting to put a stainless on. I called Triton and they recommended a 21 tempest. I then started reading up a bit and thought I would ask around for the guys with command thrust lowers to give some input before I order the prop. The 19P black max is all over the rev limiter and I do not want to put a stainless on and wind up with the same. My motor is mounted on the 3rd hole and with speedo I am bumping 50. I have not installed GPS yet so I am assuming I am mid 40's now. I have seen some threads with others running a tempest 23 or 24 and one thread were the RT188 with the command thrust put a 20p laser on and got some really good performance.. I appreciate any feedback on the best prop for this rig.

2. Member
    I have a 20" Laser and a 19X7, mounted in hole 3. The X is, by far, the better prop for this hull. Skeeterbait has also extensively run these two, albeit, modified because he's running a 4" Hydro JP.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    The 21 tempest seems the most popular choice. The Pro XS revs to 62 or 6300rpm, so the 23 tempest they were first supplied with didn't allow the motor to rev anywhere near the ideal limit. The CT lower unit isn't suitable for the lazer or x7 series props I believe.

4. Member
    Thanks Guys. I will likely go with the Tempest. I have also looked into a 4 inch setback jack plate for it as that as big as you can go without voiding the hull warranty according to my phone call with Triton.

I run the 21 tempest...Pretty sure my Tach reads high..I get 45-47 mph@ 6200..3rd hole no Jackplate.

6. Member
    Went with 4” Vance per Tritons recommendations. Perfect size. I cant see any benefit to more setback needed on this hull.

7. Member
    Anybody got any experience with Solas props? I went to pick my cover up at the dealer the other day and told them I wanted a 21 tempest and they said they did not carry them but could order one.. Then tried to sell me a Solas.. I told him I would hold off . Any thoughts? Just go with the Tempest is probably the best option here

8. Member
    My boat came with the 2` pitch tempest plus. i installed a 4" block jackplate and was all over the rev limiter. Tried a 23 pitch and only was turning 6K so went with a 22 pitch turns right at 6300 48-49 great hole shot

I've added a 4 inch micro jack...21 tempest..47 solo.. good holeshot...my tach is way off, but im in the 5800 to 6100 range depending on load.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Check out PowerTech Props as well. They have great customer service and offer a wide array of props. If you call and speak with them they usually can tell you exactly what they have put on similar boat/engine combos and the results. They also let you exchange props for around $35 if you aren’t happy.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV