Bass Hawk - anyone running one?

Am running an Alumacraft but am looking into buying the Crestliner 1750/1850 Bass Hawk or the Lund Pro-V Bass. I know a couple folks who have the Lund but have not yet seen any of the Bass Hawks up here locally. Anyone have one and care to give some feedback? Mostly how they perform in rough water (typical Great Lakes rough). I'd rather not "assume" it's as a good as their Fish Hawk...

2. Banned
    Don't have one but looked at both models at the boat show. Couple things i noticed is, unlike the Lund with a pad hull, this is a true V hull. I didnt care for the non lockable storage lids and don't know if lockable lids are an option. I'm a big guy and the 3 across seating on the bass model was cramped. Plenty of seat room on the xs model. The deck on both models was plenty big. If I was in the market for a sub 35k boat, i would take a serious look at one.

3. Member
    Thanks slonezp. I ran a Lund prior to my Alumacraft (loved/love them both) and would go back to one except for the fact you pointed out - price. I will definitely go test drive the BassHawk but was hoping someone has some time in the seat on big water. I haven't yet seen one out on Lake St Clair, which is hard to believe given all the out of state boats I've seen so far this Spring.

4. Member
    I still have a Bass Hawk 1750 that is a 2000 model but I still love it. Handles ruff water well and is still like new. I hate to let her go but I use my new RT198 more these days. Will need to get one out of the driveway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Am running an Alumacraft but am looking into buying the Crestliner 1750/1850 Bass Hawk or the Lund Pro-V Bass. I know a couple folks who have the Lund but have not yet seen any of the Bass Hawks up here locally. Anyone have one and care to give some feedback? Mostly how they perform in rough water (typical Great Lakes rough). I'd rather not "assume" it's as a good as their Fish Hawk...
    My buddy owns an 1850 Crestliner Basshawk and I own an 1850 Fish Hawk. Both boats handle almost identically the same, same big water capability. We've taken it out to the California Delta with 2-3 footers with no problems. The Bass Hawk has a lot more casting deck, storage, and speed compared to my Fish Hawk. The Verado 200 does 58.5mph so far on the Bass Hawk. If I were to buy another boat, I would get a Bass Hawk.
    -

Stopped at a local dealer on my way home tonight and looked at a 1750 Bass Hawk in their lot.
    Pro: For a 17-1/2' boat, it felt really wide standing at the front seat post. I didn't put a tape measure to it or the Pro-V Bass (they had one of those as well), but the Crestliner appears to carry the beam width further forward than the Lund, and certainly felt a lot wider at the seat post area.

Neutral: The non-locking lids aren't a big deal to me, but I do understand sloanzp's comments... for a few dollars a boat, latches would at least be better than just pulls. Lockable latches would be nicer yet.

Con: The lids are smaller than the Lund (But there is certainly ample storage in either boat).

Con: The big rod-box lid lacks any strengthening rib - it flexed and deflected quite a bit with a 200 lber walking across it.

The one big Con for both the Lund and Crestliner is box-framed trailers. I didn't ask the dealer, but if a factory trailer delete was an option, doing so in favor of a different brand C-frame trailer would be a consideration.

Pro: The extruded gunnels with J-hook factory cover attachments were slicker than snot! Cover was secured along 100% of the perimeter - no snaps on the gunnels to break off, no ratchet straps to hassle with, and no straps to tie off to the trailer.

Quoted price (1750 Bass Hawk boat, 115 Merc Pro-XS, trailer only) was $29,999

The dealer didn't have one, but the 1850 Bass Hawk with pedestal seats would be plenty of boat for my fishing style. Too bad they don't offer the 1750 with pedestal seats!

7. Member
    Thanks Casting Call for the excellent feedback. My fishing partner owns an older 20 ft Crestliner and the storage lid reinforcement sux so it seems Crestliner isn't going to change that any time soon. It is also not a big deal for me to not have locking storage even though I travel through Metro Detroit to get to the water. Meaning even with locking storage I'd never stop anywhere but the launch ramp, lol. It seems Crestliner has really cut corners to save a few dollars. I've always owned a deep V tin boat (Lund, Alumacraft) since living up North, it just makes more sense and I am not a high maintenance guy - not going to baby my toys. I missed the boat show season this year and it's between the BassHawk and Lund so a test drive in and walk-through is the only way to decide. Just can't believe I haven't seen any out on the water yet around here.

8. Member
    "The one big Con for both the Lund and Crestliner is box-framed trailers. I didn't ask the dealer, but if a factory trailer delete was an option, doing so in favor of a different brand C-frame trailer would be a consideration"

Don't know about Crestliner but Lunds can be order without a trailer. They do have multiple options on trailers but not sure if any of them are c-channel frames.

9. Member
    I wonder how slow is a 1750 with the 115 4-stroke. As much as I would love a 150 on the back, shit adds up super fast!

That 30K quote about seems way overpriced. Here's a barebones for just under $26K.
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...awk-103216143/
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 05-20-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I wonder how slow is a 1750 with the 115 4-stroke. As much as I would love a 150 on the back, shit adds up super fast!

That 30K quote about seems way overpriced. Here's a barebones for just under $26K.
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...awk-103216143/
    There's a link on Crestliner's website with Engine Performance data; on the 1750, it shows ProXS 150 V6 top speed = 52mph. ProXS 115 4-stroke top speed = 39.1 mph
    On the 1850, 200 Verado = 52.4mph, 150 4-stroke = 48.7 mph.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    There's a link on Crestliner's website with Engine Performance data; on the 1750, it shows ProXS 150 V6 top speed = 52mph. ProXS 115 4-stroke top speed = 39.1 mph
    On the 1850, 200 Verado = 52.4mph, 150 4-stroke = 48.7 mph.
    Oh, I didn't realize the PDF had the 115 listed too. Just saw the 150 spec, didn't scroll down far enough, lol. Curious why it isn't as detailed like the 150.....

But it looks like one should get the 150 or go home.

The old mantra "always go max. HP that boat is rated for" is good advice both from a performance and resale standpoint... but there are plenty of folks who fish smaller lakes, don't have a concern for top speed, aren't worried about lightening-quick holeshot, don't overload their rig, etc. - that can be quite content with the minimum recommended HP from the manufacturer.

Agree it would have been best if they could have matched the test outputs values (L/NM vs. GPH and MPG) between the two engines on the 1750 numbers.

13. Member
    I bought a Bass Hawk this Fall. It’s an 1850 w/ a 150 Merc 4 stroke. I’m very happy with it. Storage, especially rod storage, is excellent. I have the pedestal model. It goes close to 50mph. Front and back casting decks are roomy. My first bunk trailer. Seems to work just fine. I don’t get on a lot of big water, but when i do it’s a pretty smooth ride. I like the small counsel compared to big the big WT models. 80lb Ultrexx moves it around just fine. The Lund Pro V bass looks nice,too. This bass hawk works great for me.

14. Member
    I have the a 1750 fishhawk that I added a back deck extension so I have a pseudo 1750 basshawk with pedestal seating. I have a honda 115 and I have hit 45 mph with PERFECT conditions, 40-41 gps is pretty normal and I have room for improvement with a different prop and height adjustments etc. The front deck lids do flex but I tend to forget about it after a bit in the boat. My boat came with a Tennessee trailer so I would think you have options when ordering the boat for different trailers. Only real complaint is the new bass hawk 1750 is the same boat as the fish hawk AFAIK but its rated for a larger motor.....

My father has a lund mr pike 17 that I believe has the ips hull like the pro V. It handles bigger waves waaaaaay better but smaller chop its a rougher ride than the crestliner.