Thread: Off To The Pool

Thumbs Up Off To The Pool

My son and I will be on 13 next week. Should be great weather and mostly devoid of other traffic. This will be the first time on the River this season
    and we are pretty excited about it. Not expecting high water, or colored run-off, but maybe some weed growth - we can let you know next week.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    Been really high for a while. It's supposed to drop 4-5 ft. by this time next week. We've got an open Living Lands and Waters charity tournament next Saturday you're welcome to join in on. I'll be prefishing late next week for it. Let me know when your around!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    my favorite miss. river pool but haven't been in a long time. I need to get over there.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    Just over 24 lbs. won our tournament 2 weeks ago There were 5 more 19 lbs. bags!

Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    Been really high for a while. It's supposed to drop 4-5 ft. by this time next week. We've got an open Living Lands and Waters charity tournament next Saturday you're welcome to join in on. I'll be prefishing late next week for it. Let me know when your around!
    We will be there Tuesday & Wednesday and maybe Thursday ... probably check in at Spring Lake and depending upon how that goes, test some backwater standards...north of
    the new bridge ....

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    my favorite miss. river pool but haven't been in a long time. I need to get over there.
    I haven't been pool 19 for a while, but we always had great luck there .... that's my next favorite. Then, LaCrosse, Then, Prairie Du Chien

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

7. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    I haven't been pool 19 for a while, but we always had great luck there .... that's my next favorite. Then, LaCrosse, Then, Prairie Du Chien
    I agree on 19 as well. I miss fishing both those pools.

Dale Sinclair original

8. Member
    You're retired! No reason you can't join in!

We have a pretty demanding family business and while I am fortunate enough to be married to the most beautiful and wonderful woman in the world, I try not to take advantage even though she would say it's OK. Retired - but still busy.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Man ... with all of this rain - all bets are off on how high the water will be and how muddy it will be - and it won't stop us from taking the challenge - but it may lower our expectations a little. We still know a few places that could produce and we will let you know.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

11. Member
    Spent the weekend fishing Spring Lake, had a club tournament. Fishing was good, only weighed 13lbs on Sunday but lost two fish that were 3+, Spring was crowded. Checked Town, Sabula, Edick, Pinoak and the lakes behind Casey's but Spring was the best by far. If I were you I'd just launch out of Big Slough and have at it. Current was rippin too much to spend any time in any of the side sloughs and had to dodge a pretty good number of floaters on the run up to Casey's.

Swam a jig, pitched beavers in the trees and threw a buzzbait a bit.

12. Member
    I live near Pool 19. It’s been on FIRE lately. Fishing For Freedom is next weekend,should be fun.

High water, heavy current. Suprise! .... water was not stained. ( not muddy). We did find fish - not big numbers - every bass bumped
    at 15" plus. A couple were 3 lb +...We would have weighed a nice limit - but it took patience to get the bites. Our bug spray was not
    helpful ... in areas north of the bridge.

Nats - millions of Nats... google what bug repellent will work - with luck maybe they will be gone - never saw anything like it.

P.S. my son, Billy (age 31) kicked my butt by sticking 2 bass to every 1 I caught. Proud of him.

Also, on a personal note ... today is our 37th anniversary .... I am the luckiest man ever!!! Best wife ever!!!
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 05-24-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    You're retired! No reason you can't join in!
    PM sent

pool 13 son shines

Jig & SaltCraw Catfish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 05-25-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: picture trouble

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    High water, heavy current. Suprise! .... water was not stained. ( not muddy). We did find fish - not big numbers - every bass bumped
    at 15" plus. A couple were 3 lb +...We would have weighed a nice limit - but it took patience to get the bites. Our bug spray was not
    helpful ... in areas north of the bridge.

Nats - millions of Nats... google what bug repellent will work - with luck maybe they will be gone - never saw anything like it.

P.S. my son, Billy (age 31) kicked my butt by sticking 2 bass to every 1 I caught. Proud of him.

Also, on a personal note ... today is our 37th anniversary .... I am the luckiest man ever!!! Best wife ever!!!
    Absorbine Jr, the stuff you rub on sore muscles is the best nat repelant. I put it on my neck and hat, just keep it away from your eyes. Don't fish Pool 13 without it.
    Congratulations on the anniversary!