ZX250 w/ SHO and 27M prop

Has anyone tried this combo? I threw a blade off my 25T2 prop on Tuesday and am in a time crunch. I have a mint condition 27M prop laying around and I was thinking about trying it temporarily until I get my T2 replaced. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    '17 Skeeter ZX250 w/ Yamaha 250 SHO

Not sure on the correct answer but I can tell you the 27 m prop will have thinner blades than the T2 so if you slung a T2 blade you may want to be careful of pushing the 250 to max rpms with the M prop

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss_my_bass View Post
    Has anyone tried this combo? I threw a blade off my 25T2 prop on Tuesday and am in a time crunch. I have a mint condition 27M prop laying around and I was thinking about trying it temporarily until I get my T2 replaced. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    27m is smaller diameter and will blow out some on holeshot. There are certainly better options.

How high were you running that T-2 to throw a blade?
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    Just cruising at around 55 mph. Odd thing, there was no impact and no discoloration to indicate that there was an existing crack before it broke.

I ran the 27m prop over the weekend since I had a tournament. It will work till I get the T2 replaced. I could get 5700 RPM out of it and 71.4 mph GPS (empty livewells, tournament load, and just myself). I would baby it out of the hole to not put so much load on the blades. Was able to get on pad no problem with full tournament load, full livewells and a fishing partner as well (5600 rpm, 68 mph GPS). Just a little blow out as the boat would want to crest. Definitely not the ideal prop but its what I already had available from the HPDI days...

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Had the same thing happen on a 2+-year old 26 Turbo FXP about three weeks ago and have a 27 VMax prop on an FX20 now until my replacement comes in. It blows out some on hole shot, too.

Am I looking at that right as that blade looks like it broke about halfway...?
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    looking at the pic, the first 3/4" on the left side of the blade is where it twisted off. There may have been an issue with the material in the center section of the blade the way the discoloration is.