5 Star Marine - Reviews / Recommendations - Yamaha Trim Units

Guys,

I have a 2006 Yamaha 225 HPDI on a Skeeter ZX225 and have destroyed the top of each cylinder due to a bad motor tote. I should have never used the motor tote that is supported by the tops of the trim cylinders. Bad deal guys, this motor tote destroyed the seals and ultimately caused the failure.

At www.tiltandtrim.com these guys are offering a 2 year warranty on rebuilt trim units.

Has anyone ever worked with 5 Star Marine, Port Richie, FL? If so, what's the experience?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I have a 2006 Vmax that needed the trim unit rebuilt for some time. I wasn't going to spend what Yamaha wanted for the seals and o-rings so I bought their seal it and rebuilt mine last week. The seals and o-rings from them are top quality and the same sizes as OEM. I would have no problems sending a tilt unit to them for a overhaul.

[QUOTE=Biggestjig;9362749]Guys,

I have a 2006 Yamaha 225 HPDI on a Skeeter ZX225 and have destroyed the top of each cylinder due to a bad motor tote. I should have never used the motor tote that is supported by the tops of the trim cylinders. Bad deal guys, this motor tote destroyed the seals and ultimately caused the failure.

At www.tiltandtrim.com these guys are offering a 2 year warranty on rebuilt trim units.

Has anyone ever worked with 5 Star Marine, Port Richie, FL? If so, what's the experience?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE

Five Star will do a great job and with a quick turn around time. I used Pasco Marine ( Scott Walker) 1 352 238 0229. Scott works out of his house. My trim and tilt work like brand new. Scott repaints the unit back to factory once he is done with the rebuild. The unit comes back as new. You can’t go wrong with either.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    I just wanted to correct the gentleman above as our website is www.trimandtilt.com we rebuild all makes and models and everything we build comes with a 2 year Warranty Scott Walker offers a similar service but offers no warranty and you just can't do the same kind of work we do in a house we have invested a lot of money in machinery to tool up to truly remanufacture these units and the seals we use are manufactured for us to our specifications that will outlive factory seals 3x.
    We rebuild trim and tilt units for all makes and models and all units come back with a 2 Year Warranty.

You can visit our page at www.trimandtilt.com or Google Five Star Marine Port Richey, FL

Or give us a call at 727-366-7012 or Email Us at Fivestarmarinesolutions@gmail.com

Thank you