Chart select Smartstrike option menu Onix/Solix

I have two Onix 10 graphs. I purchased and downloaded Chart Select Bundle including all aerials and Smartstrike. Installed SD card and 2D Lakemaster chart works fine on both graphs which are networked through 5 port hub. I install SD card in console graph which I use as the master. Two problems I need help with. One is when I use the drop down at top of screen I get two choices Base map and another I can not remember name. When opening either I have choice of 2D and about 5 different year aerials. No Smartstrike choice. In my Chart select account I see I purchased it and when looking at files on SD card I remember seeing it there also. Am I missing some other setting that will allow Smartstrike to show up as an option? Second issue is when choosing aerials for the land area it is blurry. I just installed the newest software thinking that was the issue but it happened with 3.040 also.

The SmartStrike menu is opened by pushing the check mark button. It's that way with ONIX, SOLIX, and Helix.

Did you zoom out when you get the blurry map to see what map it is?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I have to do this from memory so please excuse my uncertainties. When in the chart pane I hit check mark and get drop down with ruler? What should I have on screen before hitting check mark? Can I zoom separately land mass versus water? Water 2D chart is perfect and I think when I zoomed in and out both go at the same time. Thank you for the help. I get so little fishing time it is difficult for me to lose much with setup.

4. Member
    also the water is definitely the Lakemaster Hd and all options work great. The land is an aerial as I can make out buildings vs trees but it is a blur.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooltim View Post
    I have to do this from memory so please excuse my uncertainties. When in the chart pane I hit check mark and get drop down with ruler? What should I have on screen before hitting check mark? Can I zoom separately land mass versus water? Water 2D chart is perfect and I think when I zoomed in and out both go at the same time. Thank you for the help. I get so little fishing time it is difficult for me to lose much with setup.
    You should get a drop down menu that has SmartStrike, Map Info, Ruler, Lake List, Find Nearest, and Trolling Grid if the software is working correctly. Mine doesn't with the ONIX and SOLIX, same card in a Helix does work for SmartStrike.

To see the map, you have to either be on the body of water, or have the map curser at the body of water.

Some years of satellite overlay are more blurrier than others. A recent one would be clearer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I do not get Smartstrike in the dropdown menu. I do remember seeing map info, ruler, lake list, find nearest, and trolling grid but no Smartstrike. I remember someone had a fix for thi on the Onix in a thread last year but I cannot find it. I believe it was turning something on or off ina main menu. I was hoping whoever it was might see this and chime in or someone else saw it.

7. Member
    You might try and download your maps again. You would have to delete the map info on your card. Be careful to NOT delete the encrypt file or you will have to pay for the whole package again. Make sure you use the correct unit in the download sequence. If you are unsure how to do this call HB and have them help you out. Bob
    NOTE: 3.110 is the latest software.

8. Member
    I do have current software 3.110. I only mentioned 3.040 because it did the same things at 3.040 eliminating software glitch as the problem. In fact I was hoping by installing 3.110 the problem would be solved. I keep my boat at a marina and the card is in the boat. Looks like if this thread proves fruitless I will have to carry my laptop next time down and try HB support while there to try and fix. More lost fishing time playing with computers��. I will not try erasing and reloading by myself as I will screw it up.